Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Lets face the fact that this offense with these receivers is really going to struggle but you can't continue to have turnovers. Turnovers don't allow you to have any chance to win games. Sanchez or Smith has to protect the ball especially with this offense.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Agree with this. But our beat writers don't really understand football, just how to take the easy route to sensationalize for easy website hits.

3. abyzmul

They're on their third offensive system in three years. Even at the beginning of training camp with an established offense, the defense is typically ahead of the offense.

If you overreact this badly in such a stupid situation, you should probably stay away from threads like this.

4. abyzmul

I wasn't either, at first, but I'm sure that's how a lot of Giants fans felt when their team kept selecting pad rushers for their 4-3 in the first round when they had established starters.

5. abyzmul

The only thing I've really gotten out of the amazing analysis of our beat writers in this thread was a hearty chuckle at Costello's McElroy tweet.

I don't see anything else that really tells me how the team is doing. These guys suck.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I honestly really dislike cherry picked stats like "3rd system in 3 years". We get enough of that BS from beat writers, we don't need it from fans as well. Schotty came to the Jets in 2006, so technically it's their 3rd system in 7 years. It's like when people go "OH MY! They lost 3 of their last 5!!!!", while ignoring the previous 8 games where they went 7-1. People are never honest when they pick certain time frames to fit their vision when it applies.

7. abyzmul

Ah, okay. Let me correct myself. The Jets offense is learning their second new offense in two years.

Does that satisfy your very rigid standards for situational numerology?

8. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Screw the bad passes... i am happy my boy Sheldon is tearing it up out there,and that old eagles FS is showing skill

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Realistically..its their first system in 7 years.

Schotty Had a pretense at one.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/Schottenheimer.html

And Sparano had none.

10. abyzmul

Don't mind Hobbes, he has so much trouble typing on his tablet after a long day scrubbing starlet pubes from the balls of Mark Sanchez.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

the beat writers do suck.
    we knew the offense would not look pretty out of the gate.

how about some info on the new guys outside of QB? Was Milliner playing, or still riding bike? was Ivory out there? How was Richardson and Coples lined up? Is Davis showing good signs in coverage? any potential WR surprises?

12. abyzmul

They're just building up to their predictable entire offseason of talking about QB Controversy.

To them, the rest of the team is irrelevant. Thanks to Roger Goodell, the only thing that matters to 80% of the overall fanbase of the NFL is the QB position.

And the Tebow thing didn't help.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It's easier than doing any actual reporting on the team. I was shocked we got even a single tweet about Hayden smith, who's progress could have a big impact as well. Untill so one is named starter it's likely this is all we will hear.

14. abyzmul

Not sure who H.Smith caught those passes from, since nobody bothered to mention it, but I'd guess one from Sanchez and two from Simms, who is unmentioned for the most part and apparently irrelevant to the up-building media-created Jets QB Disaster of 2013.

Nice to hear he can catch at all, but since we can't count on reporters to do their jobs, we'll have to wait for the propaganda video posted on Jets.com

Someday soon, these idiots will be scraping for regional positions on the TMZ staff.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Hard to get too worked up one way or the other. Interceptions are very dissappointing but not clear if the throws were bad or the receivers were out of place or both. Getting intercepted by the NT is kind of scary though.
    Apparently the sequence was Sanchez, Geno, Simms and then MacElroy. Can't read too much into that as well.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Worst thing I take away from today is that Hills knee swelled up... We need him healthy, and to make a big step. We can not afford him to be out with our shitty WR's.

17. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

hopefully our new strength coaches can get him up and running for training camp

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Are you a Jets fan??? How can this be awesome???? You people who root for Jets players to fail should become fans of some other team. How does it help the Jets and improve your fan experience if Sanchez is terrible again this year?

Even if you don't want Sanchez as the long term answer at QB, it makes no sense to root against him. If Sanchez has a good camp, he starts and the Jets don't need to rush Smith.

If Sanchez has a decent season, the Jets could trade him and get something for him.

Rooting for him to fall flat on his face is like hoping your car breaks down with you in it. You might get a new car out of it eventually, but you were planning that anyway. In the meantime you are stuck on the side of the road, waiting for a tow and knowing you need to spend tons of money just to get back on the road. Idiotic.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah I really didn't like this either. Do we shut him down for OTAs?

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this thread is a hot mess. it would be much easier if we broke it out into a couple different threads... qb mess, skill positions, ol and front 7 and dbs. even offense/defense.