Official Jets Draft Thread. If you spoil the pick b4 announced on TV you will be BANNED for 3 months

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Can we just mock the draft instead?

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Can we mock the ways in which Goodell has made a mockery of the draft instead?

ColoradoContrails, stinkyB and FJF like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My worry was reaching for Mayfield at #3 overall. Now I read the Browns will take him #1 overall? This is great for the Jets. Means Darnold or Rosen will wear Green and White. If the Browns somehow pick Mayfield and the Jets pick Allen though, I would have to start believing the NFL is scripted and the Jets and Browns are the jokes of the show.

Not sure how much the Giants love Barkley/Chubb, but if it is a lot, I would offer them something to trade up to #2 to secure Darnold.

I know many of you guys love Mayfield, but #1 overall? What are the Browns thinking?

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ill say this..there are only 3 (out 4 projected first rounders) QBs worth drafting Rosen Darn and Mayfield imo...at least one will be gone by Pick 3..that leaves 2 (outa 3)..and ONLY a 30 percent chance its...(gasp) Allen

Its the 66 2/3 percent I am banking on

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

"He's a winner that can make every throw in the book, complete most of them and also make plays on the ground"

6. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Alright...it's the bottom of the 9th inning, we're on our own 2 yard line facing a full court press and we just pulled the goalie. Let's get this done, Jets, please don't be screw ups. PLEASE. Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield please....

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Too much familiar touching for one thing. Goodell hugs and holds on way too long past acceptable hugging congratulations limits with strangers. A little creepy, yes? I would love someone to say, "OK, that's enough, now. Congratulations, yeah yeah yeah. Let go. I SAID LET GO. Jesus God, LET GO! Thanks. Sheese."

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't see Mayfield going first. If he does, I think it is a good move for them. That team is in desperate need of player leadership and he is the alpha of this draft. He's a capable player in every way you'd want a QB to be. He can play sooner than later. You're getting a player that is solid in every category.

NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

He can literally play Sooner! Yeah, all the Mayfield fans and supporters of him at #3 must have been right, if he is going #1 overall. I just worried about his size and lack of athleticism translating to the NFL. The rest I like.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"He's like Johnny Manziel without the cocaine!"

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Regarding height: go look for evidence of batted down passes with him. It doesn't happen often at all because his throwing mechanics are very good. He is able to high point his release like Drew Brees does. The other trait he shares with Brees is that his throwing mechanics are so solid he has strong command of throwing at different velocities, adjusting between touch and rockets, as opposed to a line drive thrower like Lamar Jackson. The ability to change up the velocity on your throw makes it very difficult for defenses to anticipate position on his passes and contributes to his low INT count.

It is also well documented how effortless his throwing motion because his ability to generate power through his chest via hip torsion is very similar to Cam Newton. As much as people want to harp on his college system, the critics pretty much universally ignore how talented he is throwing the football. I've heard several media members comment how when they saw him throw in person for the first time they were caught off guard by how live the ball is coming out of his hands. It isn't necessarily easy to see when watching games because he is throwing with touch the majority of the time rather than driving the ball like many QBs do.

Also, being a 4 year starter, is it any surprise of the reports how well he is doing on the whiteboard with NFL teams? This is a guy who has spent 5 years around college football (including his forced redshirt season), playing in an extremely innovative offense with an extremely innovative head coach. If you think that much intelligent football design doesn't rub off on the field general leading it, then the evaluator needs to take a good long look in the mirror.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. JetsCuseYanksFan

This is my first post, though I'm a long time lurker. I figured if any day was the day to do it, today was it! I grew up in NY/CT during the days of the Sack Exchange (even meeting Gastineau), so it's been a long 35+ years waiting on a franchise quarterback. Pennington had flashes. Sanchez even had flashes. Hopefully this is our time.

I wanted to quickly add a few thoughts to the mix. I'm a Mayfield guy (with Rosen my 2nd). But I'm not here to debate the merits of the top 4 choices. The way I look at it is NFL readiness and how it aligns with the draft order. The Browns and Jets need NFL ready quaterbacks now. The Giants can wait. And though we might argue which of the 4 are better, most would probably agree Mayfield and Rosen are the most NFL ready. With Darnold (turnovers) and Allen (accuracy) needing some work. With Mayfield moving up the draft boards, and the Browns apparently interested, I'm concerned he might now go #1. That leaves the Giants - if they don't go Barkley - they might go Darnold. Which gives us Rosen - mission accomplished! BUT, if the Giants trade down to say Denver, and they pick Rosen, we are left with Darnold and Allen - two prospects that both need work at the very least. They might be the long term answer, but we all will have to sweat it out for another 1-2 years. And I'm not getting any younger! Go Jets!

NCJetsfan, JetBlue, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  13. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Mac Daddy must be injecting black coffee into his veins right now! This will make or break his career. If this pick is the wrong pick, he's going to have to hope that SNY hires him as an analyst. No way the dude gets a gig on the CBS panel.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How quickly could anyone have the pick selection and post it ahead of the card being handed to the commissioner, read, and then accounting for the 7 second broadcast delay that would really qualify as a spoiler of the pick?

15. The Dark Knight

You could follow an insider of a team on Twitter I guess. They could spoil it a few minutes early, then you could post it here before it is announced on tv. Most people will be watching on tv instead of sitting in this thread I would assume.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Good first post!
    Welcome

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Please don't be Josh Allen. Please don't be Josh Allen. Please don't be Josh Allen.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What time does the draft start and finish ?

I have been well and truly turned over and got a long distant delivery route tomorrow, I will also be hearing my alarm clock at UK 3:50am fucking joy of joys.

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

1am UK. Finish time depends on picking speed. I'll probably be in bed by 1.30am.

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan just went in on Baker.

FJF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.