Official cutdown to 53 thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Serious question, you don’t think CS makes recommendations?

That would suck for a HC if he liked 4 to 5 guys and his GM cut them without any feedback.

It’s not like we have Herb Brooks putting the team together.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m sure it’s a collective effort. Bowles probably gets a guy or two and Mac probably forces a guy or two on him and the rest they come to an agreement on.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Can't forget to mention Robby Anderson undrafted or not he's an impact player from that 2016 draft class and prime for a 2018 3rd year breakout.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

What's up.

I'm a man and can admit when I'm wrong. And I was wrong about Hansen not being cut as being only a 2nd year player. I guess I just wanted to root for the underdog in him and also liked his production while @ Cal.

I'll go back to eating my grilled cheese sandwich now and admit to being wrong on this one. Well, until coach Bill Belichick brings him into N.E and Tom Brady turns him into a Woodhead/Edelman/Amendola/Wes Welker type of Patriots-Star that is.

And then I may just have the "last laugh" as in i told you so we shouldn't have quit on him so soon after only 1 year + a preseason :D.

However I did mention multiple times that in no which way possible could a 7th round jag out of "William & Marry" make our roster in Tre McBride. Who was on his 3rd team in 4 years. All while others sucked him up as being some "gem of a find".

#165 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Biffins likes this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No. BB can coach all he wants. He isn’t turning this guy into a 4.4-4.5 40 guy.

Wish people would stop joking about Hansen going to NE and becoming something. Guy is a dud.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

2 more hours....

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

GQ a lil help,,,,,it was a late night and Im a wee bit tired,,,,,whats in 2 hours ?

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Waiver claims deadline. Then waivers run. Then teams can sign players unclaimed.

Today should be a busy day with updates.

CBG likes this.
  10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I’d give the Syracuse receivers a look Etta-Tawo and Ishmael. Also Benkert, Falk, White are all available. These are quarterbacks from this past draft so Mac’s scouting reports on them haven’t collected dust yet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we added one to the practice squad.

Bunch of other players available I’d look at, but don’t feel like listing them all.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Quoted for Truth.

I said it all along. You better not release him after only his rookie season. Somebody will pick him up. And it'll be the N.E Patriots. I said it from day one.

Bill Belichick must believe in this kid, just as I always have.

In my opinion he could have a younger Eric Decker's type of potential from within his game.

Not only great size for an NFL WR but he's the true definition of an underdog. The kind of dog who Belichick and Brady can both mold into a winner.

Only had 1 offer coming out of H.S.

Idaho State.

After his true Freshman season he then transfered and walked onto Cal and ended up displaying top 5-10 receiving numbers amongst the entire Country.

As a junior in 2016, he was named first team All-Pack-12 after recording 92 receptions for 1,249 yards and 11 touchdowns in 10 games. After the season, he decided to forgo his senior year and enter the 2017 NFL draft.

How can you quit on that? I'm not happy with Maccagnan over this one.

Let's just hope NE doesn't see in Hansen after one season as a Jet - As Cal seen in Hansen after only 1 season @ Idaho State. Because i'd hate to have the last laugh about this one but I've felt it all along.

Hansen was a keeper and I couldn't care less what his 2017's rookie season shows of him while buried alive behind multiple receivers with a Journeyman QB as his ticket to success or what no 2018 preseason in which did not feature our WR's could make me change my mind.

#171 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  12. Biffins

Biffins Member

Wow, how did you know

13. Biffins

Biffins Member

Woodhead was a project too

Jets69 likes this.
  14. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Woodhead had a great pre season and performed well when called upon the few times that regular season. I forget why he was cut and for whom, but as soon as he was let go you had people saying "watch he'll go to the cheatriots and play well" which he did

CotcheryFan likes this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Well, time will tell.

Guess not. I didn't think so.

"William & Marry" funny guy? You're a Wikipediette who gets off on listening to himself talk.

Who's Jimmye Laycock (outside of his awesome surname)? Hint: Sean McDermott, Buffalo HC; Dan Quinn, Atlanta HC. Who else was from
    "William & Marry?" Super Bowl winning HC Mike Tomlin. You were rooting for the "underdog" 3rd rounder but in the next breath you denigrate a 7th rounder (Tre McBride) who did 3x what Hansen did this pre-season?

#175 joe, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

leadfoot DB Juston Burris makes the 53 over Frankie Luvu, Tre McBride, and Clive Walford .... : (

Red Menace and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. Or hell even Jeremy Clarke!

Burris has dreadfully slow feet.Even when he gets a good jam he still gets beat as soon as the WR re directs.

joe and Red Menace like this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’m bleeding St. Petersburg’s blood and swagger tonite.

joe likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

ain't sticking around St. Petersberg, cause I saw that it's time for a change ...

K'OB likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I agree with everything in your post. Looking back on it, its a surprise Kittle wasn't taken earlier in that draft. A big 6'4 body like that that can run a 4.5. He played at Iowa so you know he could block. He goes in the 5th round?