Offer Bridgewater and Kearse...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Jun 24, 2018.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We might have a couple of qbs. Hurry trade one. God forbid we r set for one year. Kearse is not mediocre. Fantasy football is not real keep it that way. No thanks

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

June n July bring out the best threads. NOT!!!!!!!

stinkyB and Walt White like this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Interesting take on McCown and the OLine. 15 years in the league , constantly injured, yet he never managed to play more games than he did behind the Jets "mess" of an o line which should be significantly better this season than last.
    Chances of McCown making it through the season are likely near zero, but that's more because he is injury prone and has a history of making stupid decisions more so than because of the o line.

Pags2112, LF911SC, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm expecting them to run the ball a lot better this year. I'll be disappointed otherwise.

Obviously that helps pass protection to go along with Shell ticking up the curve, an upgrade at C, and a healthy Winters. Injuries notwithstanding.

That helps all three QB's in the end whoever plays.

FJF, 101GangGreen101 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets offensive line is a mess, but I think the Jets line can hold up a little with the upgrade at center. People forget, Wesley Johnson's play hurt the entire offensive line. Not saying we got a "Mangold", but if Long or Swanson can just hold down that position and help eliminate some of those A gap blitzes, the QB should be OK to step up in the pocket. Winters and Carpenter aren't slouches. The tackles, not too sure about them in the run game, but they are OK at pass protection. Jets have no depth though unless Garcia shows something.

Darnold could start this year, but the line has to continue to be upgraded. That goes against what Mac does.

FJF likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Wtf has Billy goat gruff got to do with this ?

;)

7. Well first of all i never said trade bridgewater before TC. Im looking down the line in the scenario that Mccown beats him out while darnold shows enough to be trusted as a primary back up OR outright wins the job.

Im still in the mode of thinking “if a player is not in the long term plan & has trade value Pounce”.Bridgewater has value even as a #2 but does that value override his potential trade haul? For a team in phase 2 of a rebuild i say no.

Same applies for Powell.Is he still the best RB on the team?Right now yes..when TC starts im not so sure.Crowell & Mcguire may have something to say about that. Those 2 along w Rawles & Cannon all are younger & fit the ZBS better than does Powell. Powell has trade value & likely isnt here when the tide finally turns.Not part of the long term vision & has trade value.Simple as that.RB room gets younger,faster & fits Long term system better.

As for pass rusher.Its an impact position the jets have yet to fill.If the chance lends itself to get a quality pass rusher under 25 for pennies on the dollar im pouncing.To your point it remains to be seen a package can be put together but teams w departing free agents can get mighty desperate to get something/anything for their trouble. You add in the injury factor at spots like QB(Teddy B) RB (Powell) or WR ( Kearse)..stranger things have happened.

I disagree w you about Fowler.He had a devastating injury his rookie year & improved every yer there after including 8 sacks last season.More importantly on tape he can flat out bend the edge & consistently get to the QB. Im not giving up a 1st for him but outside of that im All for bringing him in. Thats an impact position to cross off the list a year early.Offseason can then shift to OL,a weapon or 2 for Darnold & perhaps even another pass rusher to pair.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Nope.

Like the Jets have gone from Fitzpatrick-McCown as their starters to having an embarrassment of riches at the position?

Besides, Tampa's not burning a 2nd round pick for (at best) a 3-week stop gap at while the Jets aren't going to risk exposing themselves before traing camp's even started.

CotcheryFan and TonyFtLaud like this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He is injury prone AND the OL is a mess. Not a good combo.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think the better way to get a 2nd round pick would be to get a top 5 pick next year and have a QB needy team trade up to our spot. As others have already mentioned, Kearse is too reliable and durable to trade and Bridgewater could be a nice insurance policy at QB.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If there's a fair competition, imo there's no way in hell that McCown beats out Teddy. Similarly, imo there's only three ways that McCown is ahead of Teddy on the depth chart: 1) Teddy has already been traded; 2) Teddy isn't healthy; or 3) Bowles just hands the starting job to McCown because of how he played last year.

In general, I agree with the philosophy of trading players who are "Not part of the long term vision & has trade value," but not when they are needed to help a rookie QB. I disagree that the RB corps would be faster or better without Powell. I don't know about system fit, so I'll take your word on that.

You may remember that I've been pounding the table for a stud pass rusher for years. I remember that Fowler was a great prospect and was injured his rookie season. He may be on the rise. But if so, I sincerely doubt that he will be available on the cheap. I don't think the Jets have anything of value and sure don't want them trading a high draft pick. If they can get him for pennies on the dollar, then I'll be all for it. I just don't see that happening, but then I didn't see Darnold falling to the Jets.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Are you making the first call for the Jets to tank this year?

13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I say we offer,

to JetNation: tomdeb, and the ghost of Junc

in return for a "f&#$% why us" and a "whatever, but you owe us one"

FJF and Walt White like this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Nope, I want to see a team that competes every week. I want to be able to feel that the team is headed in the right direction going into 2019 when it is fair to expect a playoff team IMO. Maybe top 5 can be changed to top 10.

15. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

I could see Teddy B to jacksonville if blake bortles doesn't have a sudden epiphany

16. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone stated this already .. But we can always trade down in the first round and recoup a 2nd round pick.

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I agree. It's too early to trade Bridgewater.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If the Jets have a top 5 pick then the jets will have a new coach and Gm and its starting over again. We need to go 7-9 or 8-8 minimum. Enough losing already time to see some benefits.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think we are a year away from this post.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Not sure what u mean? From firing?