Odell Beckham Jr

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Longislandjetfan, Mar 9, 2018.

1. SolidGoldBowles

SolidGoldBowles Well-Known Member

Maybe he's just a really good wingman. I doubt ODB would have any trouble getting laid gay or straight, but some of his "crew" might only be able to with his help.

2. Since1969

Since1969 Active Member

Assuming Beckham isn't already in the drug intervention program, can the team or League conduct a test now? If they can, will they do it quickly so that any bad stuff wouldn't already be out of his system by the time the test is conducted?

By the way, if the League or team conducts a test because of the video, it would be a for-cause test, not a random one. I'm not so sure the NFL policy permits either for players who are not yet in the intervention program.

3. SolidGoldBowles

Not sure of the policy either, but i've learned the NFL doens't give 2 fucks about it's own policies. goddall is full on dictatorship

4. Since1969

Since1969 Active Member

I can't argue with that, but here's the further question: do you really think the League or teams are going to go out of their way to bust a star player? When the police arrest a player, the League is forced to do something, but I really wonder if the League is going to look for trouble with star players.

5. SolidGoldBowles

they did for zeke because a video of him at mardi gras had him lifting a girls shirt up to expose her boobs. they won and he had to sit for 6 games

6. Since1969

Since1969 Active Member

7. SolidGoldBowles

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Not really the best place for this, but John Schattner of Papa John's is in more trouble. He lost his CEO job after the nonsense with the NFL last November, and he has now been forced out as Chairman of the Board after using the N word during a conference call in May (apparently when he was asked about how he would distance himself from racist groups he complained that Colonel Sanders never got any backlash for using that word). Over the last year Papa John's stock price dropped 30% while Domino's stock price went up 30%, so the problems run deeper than just this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/12/jim-cramer-pizza-executives-say-papa-johns-is-falling-apart.html