NY Jets vs. Rest Of NFL QB Trade-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I think we end up with Teddy Bridgewater and you know what I probably prefer that over reaching for Lamar Jackson because its going to cost a ton to trade up and even then I think Rosen/Darnold got 1, 2 to Cleveland and the toxic New York football team.

2. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Teddy Bridgewater (or Case Keenum) on a prove-it deal with a backfield of Saquon Barkley, Eli McGuire, and Bilal Powell, and a new O-Line doesn't sound like a bad gamble.

Similarly, if they can Bowles, hiring Pat Shurmer and bringing on board either Case Keenum or Teddy would make some sense.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I literally can not say teddy bridgewater without yawning.
    And if case wins a playoff game or 2 why is Minnesota letting him walk?

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

If we had lost 2 of the games we won (KC for sure; Buffalo/Miami/Jacks probably should have lost) we'd be drafting #4 with a great shot at moving up 1 or 2 spots to get a QB.:mad: :mad:

NYJetsO12 and Leicester Jet like this.
  5. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Teddy certainly wouldn't be the most exciting QB option. At the very least, he's shown he's competent enough to manage a game?

About Keenum, he'd probably prefer to go with Shurmur, under whom he's had the greatest success of his career. The Vikes also have Bradford under contract, too, although you're perfectly correct in stating that they'll make Keenum an offer if he's successful.

FJF likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Case Keenum is playing lights out for Minny..they won't let him leave the building without an offer he has to take

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I said this in another thread, you don’t sign teddy thinking you solved your qb problem. If they want to bring him in instead of mccown and add a draft pick too I can live with that