NY Jets vs. Rest Of NFL QB Trade-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 20, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep

There are more posters here seeing the light

Rosen Darnold and even Mayfield are going to do well at next level...why not?

Opportunity is knocking

On our end ...keep losing next two weeks

2. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I would rather take a flyer on Keenum for 3yrs 45mill and spend draft picks and cap space on holes....

3. GreenInTheBowl

Let's be real, with Darnold/ Rosen off the board, Jets will draft a pass rushing DE/OLB at #8.

tbruner12 likes this.
  4. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Fake news, our amazing front office knows they need to draft a stud DT to replace Mo and thus restart the cycle meanwhile the rest of the league laughs, patriots dust off another Lombardi trophy while chuckling that they threw the last game of the season to fuck us worse than they do by inflating our strength of schedule. Meanwhile the league thinking they are funny remakes the "hey brother Coca Cola commercial" with the jets fan being the little brother and Giants fan being the big brother. The Giants fans cry about how they had ONE year of suffering so they EARNED AND DESERVE the next franchise qb, and get someone we have been fawning for for years and they didn't know existed until they were half way through this season. The Browns draft one of the qbs and my favorite player ever from my alma mater saquon barkley just to ruin his blossoming career because fuck you you're a brown now. It's the circle of life except our grubby little porg wing flipper hands can't hold on so whenever the circle spins we just fall back down to the bottom. "Marino to Kelly to Brady to Our turn, with the 5th round selection the New York jets select that 300 pound qb from the arena football league"

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

After rereading OP Here is my hope and prayer:

Best Trade Partners : Indy at 3, Cleveland at 4, San Fran at 5, Chi at #6

If the Giants and Cleve pass on Rose/Darnold for Mayfield or someone else/another player>>>>>>>>>a Miracle

If Indy cooperates we sit at 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>one of big 3 guaranteed

After Indy try Cleve at 4 and SF at 5...but stay up there

From day one of this ridiculous season Ive been waiting for the day MM makes up for Idziks blunder (pass on Garappolo) and of course Petty/Hack fiasco

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. GreenInTheBowl

The cycle is real my friend.. at least we know Catanzaro had a decent year so it's unlikely that we burn another 2nd rounder on a kicker... You forgot to mention, Hackenberg will put up a perfect passer rating in his debut against a 3rd string Pats squad that has already locked up a number one seed, prompting us to name him next year's starter, which will in turn, allow us to draft Vernon Gholston's long- lost younger brother who has just recently been promoted to a local Lithuanian high school's varsity squad by shattering their sack record.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Get real! You can’t draft a kid straight out of high school!

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

For those of us still hoping Jets can find a way into position for Darnold we gotta hope like hell Giants win at least one of these last two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. GreenInTheBowl

I'd be willing to bet Giants are going full tank mode now.. when Darnold and Rosen are both gone, I think our best bet is to trade down, draft a quality O-lineman or two and sign Cousins or Smith at QB. With Enunwa back, Anderson, and Kearse, an improved O-line, and a quality QB with experience, we could definitely compete next year. Still need a RB with some speed though.

tbruner12 likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think you're right, but I think Macc is wrong to do this.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If most draft picks do not pan out, why would we want to put all our eggs for the next couple years into just one draft pick?

Leicester Jet and tbruner12 like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Nah, stand pat and take the best available player that fits a need. You still got a few QBs available as well as some EDGE rushers and LT.

hwismer, tbruner12, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Just watched some of the Potato Bowl, and Allen looked really impressive.
    Most upside out of any QB this draft class imo, but of course also has risk.

Another good outing at the Senior Bowl, and he might not get past Denver. hopefully Denver wins out lol.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Its going to be one hell of a Senor Bowl! Mayfield will be there as well. Competition a plenty. I do agree, Allen does have the most upside. He's built like a freaking linebacker too. This class could be very special.

15. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

What we are missing isn't just a franchise QB. So for those who think we will suddenly be on our way because of a 2018 draft pick, think about it this way....
    Montana became Montana because Bill Walsh was the coach of a rebuilding team who also had a good system. We don't have a coach or a system on this team that will aid in the grooming of a rookie top 5 pick. Unless he is obviously a Peyton Manning leaving college, we will be better off in the long run filling a need with BPA. McCown can drive the car, or better yet we find a QB that has been in the league a few years to keep for the long run. Once everything is in place, a.k.a. Coach, system, culture, future players, then we can dig for a Montana.
    Otherwise count on our 1st round QB this year being a flop in NY.

16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Not a fan of this tiebreaker where Denver beats us and then picks ahead of us. wtf?

edit: oh multi-way tie with strength of schedule?

#36 twown, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

What's not being factored into this conversation is how FA will affect the draft... there will be a few pretty good QB's hitting the market and I can see a team like Denver going after either Cousins or Alex Smith, as they are built to win now and may not want to develop a young signal caller.

We have to figure that at least 1 or 2 teams may get their FQB in FA and forego drafting a project or perhaps drop back and pick up one in a later round to develop.
    I think we will be in a pretty good spot to get one of the kids on our radar.

twown likes this.
  18. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion, but couldn't disagree more. The only way you can win a Super Bowl is to have a FQB. This is the best draft in a generation in which we'll pick 6-8. We absolutely cannot come away without Allen or Mayfield, assuming Rosen and Darnold are out of question and we can't trade up. I would give up several draft picks, which history shows is not giving up much since most of them never pan out. It is essential we come away with a QB in round one. If they throw another vet with this young group there will be serious backlash and both the coach and GM will lose their jobs when we go 7-9 or 8-8. Now is the time for a FQB. They are there for the picking. Same type draft, but possibly more depth than the Manning, Big Ben, Philip Rivers draft. I have zero interest in watching a QB that has never won anything play one more snap for the Jets. It's been since Chad that we've had anything resembling a FQB that we drafted. Offense wins in this NFL in the regular season. And when we do draft a QB, tailor the system to him, not the other way around, or draft the guy that is most effective in the current system. Don't try and squeeze a guy into your system that doesn't fit. Isn't that coaching 101?

19. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Other than Peyton, name a QB that everything was built around.
    Brady wasn't, Marino wasn't, Montana wasn't, Farve wasn't, Young, Big Ben, etc....
    If we trade away a bunch of picks and our future, look forward to Nacho again. A winning QB isn't about slinging it 60 times a game trying to score 24-28 points a game.
    There is way more proof in the entire history of the NFL that shows that grabbing a QB to build a team around is the backwards approach.
    Finding a guy to fit your system is easier than building a system around one guys strengths and weaknesses.
    Montana, 3rd round. Brady, 6th, Brees was traded to NO from SD who he had taken to the playoffs before. I respect your opinion as well, but don't believe the hype or follow the herd.
    Don't get me wrong, if a Manning is there you take him, maybe trade up for him. Truth is I don't see one in this draft.

soh_vet likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They can realistically get their 3rd choice at best as things stand now. Free agency could of course change that, but as of now, Cleveland and the Giants are taking a QB. That leave the Colt's with the 3rd pick , depending on Luck's health,it could be available but very expensive.
    The question is, how much is too much for the 3rd best QB in a class without 1 true can't miss prospect?

hwismer likes this.