Now what?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Nov 13, 2016.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm at a loss for this season...

We're 3-7. Even if we somehow ran the table, the odds are 9-7 would not get it done. With two games against NE, and the way this team is playing, that would take a miracle anyway.

What is there to root for? Do we cheer to lose for a better draft pick? Does that even matter when the draft is a crapshoot?

Do we fire everyone? Do I find something better to do on Sundays? I have no idea...

#sameoldjets

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Keep playing the young guys, it's a dumpster fire.

Burnz, ajax, HAYN and 4 others like this.
  3. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

It's a lost season. Time to evaluate the veterans and develop some young players.

Burnz, kevda5n9ne and Cman68 like this.
  4. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for the easy second half of the season everybody's been talking about.

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Cut Fitz. Cut Revis. Cut Folk. Cut Gailey. Cut Bowles. Trade Richardson. Drink Whisky. Hibernate. Draft DL in 1st Round. Murder Wife. Burn House Down. Suicide.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We need a new coach, a new gm and a franchise qb..until all thjree happen just get used to it like we have for the last 48 years.

NYJetsO12, Cman68 and Jets69 like this.
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

We aren't going to beat NE or Buffalo. So 10 losses at the least.

8. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Id give this staff at least 1 or 2 more years. I truly believe if we had a talented qb and a rb(Dallas) that could take it to the house at any given time this coaching staff would get more respect. Enunwa and Anderson need more touches. I can see their desire to run after the catch whereas Marshall is protecting his broadcasting career. Dallas fans were hating their coach...talented qb's make a huge difference.

AJW, westiedog1 and kevda5n9ne like this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What now? Lemme tell you you what now. I'ma call a couple hard pipe hitting niggas go to work on the homes here with a pair a pliers and a blow torch.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

These are dark times.

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

You can't give them more than 1 year if they have a season like this. I'd say MINIMUM 8-8 and looking improved is the only way they get more than 1 year.

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Look at Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota today. Tanking works. Give me Mitch Trubisky.

ajax and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  13. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Trying to think of a single thing this team does well.

Defense? The secondary is a joke, and our vaunted D-Line gets almost no meaningful pressure and allows big game-sealing runs as the game goes on. Watching the overpaid remains of Darrell Revis is just sad.

Offense? QB play is beyond awful which nullifies any excitement for our WRs, even switching to Petty provided zero spark -- in fact, it seemed to have snuffed out whatever life this offense had -- and while Forte/Powell are good, it's not enough.

Speci...nope, not even gonna finish typing.

And then there's the coaching. Everyone shits on Bowles, and he's earned it this year, but my god why is Chan Gailey still employed? Other teams have fired their OC this year, why can't we???

There's just not a single compelling reason to keep watching, just blind loyalty. Is that enough? Probably, eventually, but I need a break from this shit. Thank god for the bye week.

This was Jets/Cardinals 2012 all over again. At least we won that game.

kevda5n9ne and Jets69 like this.
  14. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Im on board with this. I realy think hes gonna be legit

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

It would just suck ass if we went 4-12 and he decided to return for his senior year

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Don't forget our vaunted D line that can only stop the run when teams simply don't try to run on them because they are too busy throwing all over them. But when teams focus on the run they gash'em left and right.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

1-2? Just give the ten year guaranteed contracts.

There is absolutely nothing this coaching staff has shown that warrants 1 more year, nevertheless 2. 1 year is no less asinine then 10.

18. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

I see an ugly scenario shaping up...

Fitz isn't going to play and he'll blame his knee. This throws Petty and Hack to the wolves. They're not ready and he knows it. This also will shake their confidence when they play against NE.

The rest of the team sucks as it is so they'll lose. This provides the compelling argument for him to try and negotiate a contract to come back next year even if for less money. There aren't likely to be many available options as a QB who can start.

Jets will have to try and draft someone. They release Petty. Fitz sticks around a year or two to collect money. Hack eventually gets thrown in again and may or may not be ready. Fitz Retires. Then you have some untested draft and Hack so they bring in some other washed up veteran to start the cycle all over.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Draft pick makes no difference. You can suck for Luck or suck for the duck or whatever.....those guys don't look like they're winning a SB anytime soon. You're better off lucking into a Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers or Dan Marino or Joe Montana....or any number of QBs who weren't taken as a top 5 pick. Would you rather have one of those or Tim Couch? Akili Smith? Ryan Leaf?

Do you really have faith in this Front Office to make the right pick?

Make the right pick---don't worry about when it happens. The Pats bust on draft picks worse than most teams, but they trade down all the time and end up with a ton of picks. Some of them have to work out, and when that happens, BB look like a miracle worker instead of a statistician.

If anything--suck for the high pick--then trade down and get lots of picks for it.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Season is over. No reason to see Fitzpatrick

ajax likes this.