Now I'm A Little Bit Paranoid

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 19, 2018.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You realize Willie Colon is not the GM of the Jets or will be in the war room? It got crazy? Its the media, they have beaten this thing to death as we all have, running out of things to say. If he said Mayfield no one would listen. Calm down

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Noam likes this.
  3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

tbruner12 likes this.
  4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You are 0% percent sure on who they would take. Zero, you hope they take Mayfield. Unless I missed the press conference, I have not heard Mac announce who he likes and what order

LF911SC and boozer32 like this.
  5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

They'll be even worse after we make the pick.

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That's a major statement Mo. If they do you'll have to take pictures of yourself in a Gholston jersey. Otherwise, people will think along the lines of Loch Ness monster and Sasquatch. Nobody has seen that in a long time if ever lol.

BroadwayAaron and Noam like this.
  7. boozer32

That really adds to the paranoia because macc hasn't said squat. All he's done is the trade up to the 3 spot and say that they feel comfortable that their guy will be there. That certainly could be Chubb. The only people I see that would consider Chubb that high are the Giants and the Jets.

8. boozer32

Should be free or maybe even pay you to take them off their hands. It's probably Gholston himself selling them.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Hey, our GM does not give me a warm feeling but come on, you know he's not picking anything but a QB. The problem is, if 3 of the 4 succeed, then guess which one we wind up picking. Not even considering a non qb, just hoping he does the opposite of what his first thought was,

boozer32 likes this.
  10. boozer32

If they go QB there will be groups of posters here with all kinds of varying theories on who would have been the better choice. If they don't go QB it will be a whole lot worst. Either way, the debate will go on forever or until the Jets win a SB, whichever comes first.

11. boozer32

You have a lot more confidence in Macc than I do. I don't trust him or Bowles at all. They think they're geniuses but they are straight Dumb & Dumber. They still have an old school antiquated mindset of going defense first. Scoring points is an afterthought.The biggest free agent signing was a CB, they neglected the DL and OLB. Maulin is not healthy, Jenkins is solid run stuffer, Donahue might be in jail. So who is manning the DE/OLB and providing pressure/

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. boozer32

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

A QB will be the pick at 3. It may not be the kid you want. It may be the kid your cousin is clamoring for. It may be the kid your best friend swears will be the truth.

But all three of you can agree, it will be a quarterback, and no other position.

Mr mittens and Noam like this.
  14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Agree with what you say. I just hope it's not Allen.

boozer32 likes this.
  15. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Only way that the Jets would grab Chubb @ 3 is if he was considered some "generational" talent like LT or Ray Lewis.
    He's not that good.

boozer32 and CotcheryFan like this.
  16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Hopefully not too far back. I fully expect you to be a bit of a darksider until the Jets win the superbowl again.

boozer32 and CotcheryFan like this.
  17. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

I hope that it is Allen.Any qb we take will sit for a year.
    Will start Mccown then maybe Bridgewater if he’s healthy later on. Rook might get a game or too to get his feet wet if we’re blowing out the team.allen has highest ceiling go big or go home.

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Not when you desperately need a QB.

Don't get me wrong, a recent poll of scouts did have Chubb as the best prospect in the draft (75% voted Chubb), but having an elite pass rusher is pointless if you don't have an offense. It's like all those wasted years of Revis when Mark Sanchez was basically human turnover machine.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  19. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you but I see Hackenberg with Allen so he scares me. That being said that is why I am not an NFL scout. If Allen turns out to be the best and we have him I'll be thrilled. I don't care who our qb is I just want a Super Bowl.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Decisions made out of desperation are rarely the right decision but it seems like that is where we have landed. Hoping for the best but not optimistic right now

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.