Nominate the Most Knowledgable Poster of the Year

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by twinjetfan, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

are you kidding me? TBJ is hardly knowledgable, much less about punting....a 10 yr old can make an accurate analysis about a punt and its effectiveness, much less a grown man

Im a college Qb, so does that mean that if i can do an accurate analysis about all Penny's TD passes and INTs then i could be considered the most knowledgable poster??? comon man...gimme a break:rofl2:

2. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

As I said I'm biased. I also have a very limited knowledge about the NFL.
    But my vote will count as equally as anyones and i will base it on the time and effort that TJB put in to provide excellent training camp reports and his HUGE part in educating me about the game and many other Aussies on this board and on other Australian message boards that carried his reports.

Lets just wait for the vote shall we? This is just the nom thread.

you can have your break

#42 SydneyDon, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

no harm no foul...i know its just nominations..i was very surprised to see him in this nomination...

well its good to see people who arent familiar with american football soaking up knowledge in this forum...

props to ya:beer:

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Kurt the Jets Fan is pretty darn good, especially about linemen on both sides of the ball.

Pocket Aces... what did I do to piss YOU off? LOL... I do that to people on occassion. For what it is or isn't worth, I think my TC reports are my best contribution to TGG. That doesn't mean I'm an expert, or a coach... not by any stretch.

The punting reports were done for one reason only... the Aussies who wanted to know how Graham was doing, beyond the boxscores. BTW, no, I don't think any ten year old would have done them as well as me....12, maybe....

But I did play the game enough to understand certain fundamentals, like seeing what Pouha's technique problems were in his rookie year, and how he had improved on them in TC this year. Does that make me "most knowledgable"? No, I don't think so, but I'm not completely clueless either, fer cryin out loud!

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i completely understand why you did your reports on Ben Graham's punts, and honestly kudos to you for doing them, however I dont think it is worth the credit you are getting for it...it doesnt take a lot of knowledge to do them, which is why i have a problem with you being labeled "most intelligent"

like i said earlier, if i were to do a passing report on Penny and his TD's and INT's, then i might be tagged with the same label, but would i really be worthy...however it is interesting to see how people would react to them if i were to do so. I havent spent much time writing on this site and much as i spend observing it. So maybe that could be my contribution, but by no means does it make me most intelligent

6. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Petro has been asking people to write editorals for the front page, maybe you should volunteer some of your superior knowledge for the rest of us. I, for one, appreciate the time and effort TBJ takes to post.

7. ThunderbirdJet

Er, if it were "most intelligent", I would have to refuse to run, if elected, refuse to serve! Many thanks to folks who put my name out there, but Aces, I don't think it's because of the BG reports. If anything, it's the TC reports I did, which isn't a most "knowledgable" sort of thing anyway... it's more like writing a newspaper article the way I would like these local hacks to write about football.

Aside from having a small amount of knowledge above what the "average" or casual football fan posseses, it's about being observant at training camp, not about being knowledgable. Just curious... did you ever read my TC reports? Or is this a reaction to "getting too much credit" for the BG reports?

Frankly, if this TGG award comes with a certain amount of sniping, I think I'd rather not win it, thank you very much. And I sure as chit would not want it posted under my avatar....lol.

8. Pam

It's always one person that just HAS to feel the need to snipe, bitch, moan, complain (you get my drift) to just suck the fun out of everything.

These awards are a pat on the back by the people who really enjoy this site not only for the news and opinions of fellow JETS fans about our team, but most have made friends here or are already friends. Anyone that takes this seriously is just looking for something to freaking bitch about.

9. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

Jetsin2004

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

When the friendliest poster says she's had enough, you know it's true! :wink:

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ok with that being said...Jetsin2004

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

First off, tbj needs no defending. Anyone worth their weight that patrols this site realizes that your post is so off base..and you have to wonder what your real goal was by posting this...reading further, I think I get what the real problem is.

TBJ does provide a great service to all of our aussie friends. He also did a great job during the summer camps providing tgg members with excellent insight on how the camps were going and who was performing well or not.

He is probably one of best posters on this site. In fact..you pretty much made up my mind...congrats tbj..you easily get my vote here.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

If we want to give him an award, make it be one that pertains to writting the most informative articles based on his views....hes writes editorials, and reports on what he observed...again i give him KUDOS...i cant write that out any clearer...

#53 Scikotic, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  14. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Pocket Aces reminds me of that certain poster who criticized David123 about talking over a week to post a torrent, but in the next few posts, tried to explain that he actually thinks he does a great job

PS. TBJs Training camp reports were gold

#54 Twombles, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

And this is exactly why you are one of my favorite posters jaywayne. Your posts are solid gold my friend.

The bolded is EXACTLY how I feel now too. I have always liked TBJ, and his posts are always well thought out and informative. But there's no award for "Most Well Thought Out and Infomative Poster" so this one fits the role just fine to me.

16. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Whatever circles you want to run in now are fine with me. An dont worry..you didnt need to edit the post...I can take "too harsh".

My point is simply that the awards are generally good times. Some fellow posters feel he deserves it. You dont? Dont vote for or nominate him. Nobody really cares about your editorial or feelings towards him. There have been about 40 people nominated that I might not think deserve it. Should I blast them? Should anybody?

Thanks for the kind words alio...you know its mutual. Pocket Aces..if you want to respond to me, feel free to send me a pm before we drag this great tgg tradition further into the gutter.

17. Pam

You're the man jaywayne! :up:

Can we just move along now? Obviously there are some "personal" reasons for the "editorals" on TBJ. Took me a while for the little light bulb to flash, but I see it now.

Who loves ya Thunderbird! :grin:

18. ThunderbirdJet

I'm sorry, I am just a sucker for a worm on a hook. I didn't want to post this, for fear it would appear as though I am campaigning.... but that worm is just wiggling too much to resist. So, with that, I ask I not be considered in the voting.

Now, for those that say I'm not knowledgable, perhaps you would take a few minutes to read this article that I wrote last year for DraftDaddy, an NFL draft site.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/OLSchemes.cfm

And Pocket Aces..... kiss me where the sun don't shine. That isn't the only time I've been published either. But, it's a good indication of just how little I know about football, isn't it now?

19. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Well said, jay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.