No Way Jets Trade Abe To Houston

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Feb 28, 2006.

1. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

and here's why. Abe still hasn't signed the franchise tender, which gives him the power to approve any trade. Gotta believe Abe will veto a move to a team even worse than the Jets, especially when the Broncos are interested.

Also, I don't think the Jets feel like they can give away picks/players. A trade with Denver later in the first round, allows them to fill two spots on their depleted offense, and is cheaper vs. the cap.

2. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Abe wants a long term deal. Him and his agent would have to have a deal in place with the team trading for him for this to happen.

I doubt he really cares what team he goes to, as long as the money is right.

3. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

You may be right. He's a selfish prick as we've all seen. In another post, I suggested sending him to Washington for Santana. This way, Chad has all his 2002 weapons back, with Cotchery filling Chrebet's role.

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Houston dangles an 18M signing bonus and all of a sudden Abraham would be helping out at the oil refineries in his spare time.

5. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Oh god, could we get ripped off any more?

That would be an awful trade.

6. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

Abe isn't a team player, he wants the cash. He should thank his lucky stars that sports were invented ( along with a lot of these athletes ) or they'd be doing manual labor in some factory.

Hey! I can't blame the guy. I mean, he's a multi millionaire ... poor baby.

7. parafly

parafly New Member

It's all about the long term money for him. Also, Houston isn't exactly the most horrible place to be going. The Texans appear to have a decent set of base players including Carr and Davis on top of having the number 1 overall pick. If they fix up the OL, they could be a solid team next year and beyond.

8. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Another thing...

No state income tax in Texas. For someone making 18M in 1 season, that's a BIG difference.

9. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

OK, I'm buying it. But if the Jets do make the trade, gotta believe they're taking Bush.

If they take Leinart, does that mean that Adrian Jones flops back to RT?