NLCS: Cardinals-Mets

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Boss Revis, Oct 8, 2006.

1. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

A story from Met-A-Holic at metsblog...
    I HATE the cardinals.

2. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Wow, Total trash. I hate Pujols more then any of the players he is an Arrogant and cocky a$$hole who did nothing all series. I still can?t believe he was shooting his mouth off about Glavin after the 1st game.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

That's why i hope the Tigers kill the Cards. I lost a lot of respect for Pujols after what he said.

4. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I can't wait till he talks shit about Kenny Rogers after he shuts them out.

5. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

BTW, does anyone have a link to the 9th on youtube or something. I could've sworn I think it was Rolen couldn't hold his check and should've been out before Molina...well...yah know.

6. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

There was a lot of close calls last night. Even a few strike/balls.

7. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

I thought the ump had a tall strike zone....particularly alot of low balls being called strikes.

8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well my hatred for the Cards are now equal to the Braves, and slightly above the Yanks now, I now root for their team to crash and burn and Busch stadium to be bombed on sight :)

Not even the Braves pulled this type of shit, the Cards entire fucking team did this, fuck those bastards

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I went through all of this in the thread at the time yesterday, so there's no reason to repeat it, but ... I cannot understand anyone being embarrassed about what the Mets did this year, and last night. I only hope that any people who feel that way are never in the position of having their own performance evaluated, because if you are I think you'll change your tune. Baseball is the game with the largest component of randomness in it, and sometimes the better team doesn't win. The Mets got to the 9th inning of game 7 of the NLCS tied, with Steve Trachsel, John Maine, and Oliver Perez as 3/4 of their starting rotation! How can anyone be embarrassed by that? Because Beltran got locked up on a great two strike curve ball? That strikes me as absurd.

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

The Mets have alot of showboats or "over enthusiastic" players if you prefer. This is always going to bring hate from opposing fans or even opposing players. If you're going to dish it out you've got to be able to take it too.

11. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sure overexcited, but we don't go mocking the Cards, if their fans did it thats one thing, but the players themselves did it, to the point that at a time they have just won a pennant that is the 1st thing they thought of, fuck them

12. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Mets fans shouldnt be embarrased. They played hard, did as well as you can ask them to do. Sometimes the chips dont fall. Anyways I think if anything you should be proud and now that the Mets had a great season.

13. 3rdAnd15Draw

the dances and secret handshakes after HRs, and the Delgado fist pumps after DP's are all things that could be seen as "showing up" the other team and piss off the opposing players.

and if the mets fans bothered the cards that much, good. not every team can have 80 year old ladies with red pubes on their chins filling the stands.

#2213 3rdAnd15Draw, Oct 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2005
  14. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

If I'm a Mets fan, there are 2 things that annoy me today.

1. Beltran has to go down swinging. You can't look at strike 3 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th with 2 on. He has to protect the plate at all costs.

2. David Wright looked a lot like A-Rod in these playoffs. That would concern me a lot. It could have just been a slump, but this is the guy who is supposed to be the face of the Mets franchise.

Other than that, the season was an excellent one. Just improve the pitching and get another good bench player, and you'll be pretty set for next season.

15. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I'm surprised more people aren't upset about the Mets not choosing to bunt in the 9th inning with 1st and 2nd, no outs.

16. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I have to root for the Card tough. I am a NL baseball fan.

There will be plenty of time to hate the Cards, now they are representing the Senior Circuit.

Go Cards

17. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I think that they played it right, needing 2 runs. If they only needed 1, you bunt.

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Only Yankee fans think it is a one man game. Players much better then Wright and Arod have had bad series.

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

Wainwright was pitching scared out there, unfortunately Floyd couldn't make him pay. A ridicuously high called strike 2 changed the whole complexion of the AB.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

With the top of the order coming up, I think the right move is to bunt. I can't kill Willie for that though cause I so badly wanted Floyd to do his best Gibson impression, limping around the bases as the dugout empties, crowd going crazy.. Ah to bad he didn't, would have been some story..