Nick Bosa scouting report per: D. Jeremiah NFL com

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Mar 16, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets may be better off staying put. Mac could easily screw up the additional picks with a trade down, but for that matter, could screw it up at #3 and take Q. Williams instead of Bosa or Allen.

I'm not sure that I agree that the Jets' chances of trading down have dwindled. We know that as the draft gets closer and players have their Pro Days that the love teams have for players often grows. All it will take is one team needing a QB, and we know that several teams do. Also some team may be so in love with Q. Williams, Bosa or Allen that they'd be willing to trade up to get him.

I won't be unhappy if the Jets stay put and take either Allen or Bosa. I may prefer Allen, but would be quite happy with Bosa, I think. The only way I will be upset is if they stay put and take Q. Williams. As for your text that I've bolded, if Mac can't be trusted in a trade down to evaluate talent in the 2nd and 3rd round, how is it that he can be trusted to evaluate talent with our two 3rd round picks? That seems inconsistent and contradictory to me.

I'm torn. I'd love to see Mac have a homerun draft first and foremost because that's what would be best for the Jets. Whether that happens because he has learned, because Gase and Williams are now providing guidance on the types of players they want whereas Bowles and Rodgers didn't, or Gase and Williams have some power as to whom is drafted, or Gase and Williams just threatened to kick Mac's ass if he screws up this draft. At the same time, I still don't trust his decision making and his evaluation of talent. A very small part of me would like to see him miss big on his 1st round pick and on both 3rd round picks, and Gase/Williams be able to convince the Johnsons that Mac must go if they are to have any chance of ever getting to and winning a SB.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I wanted him gone along with Bowles because of too many misses in the middle rounds, but I just can't root for him to fail because that would only set the team back even further. I want a grand slam draft where we get 3 or 4 impact players. Of course, if he has an awful draft, I'd want him gone, but I want to hope that a new and better(for now) CS can steer him in the right direction especially in rounds 3-5.

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Because by trading down he is only getting into groups of players that aren’t rated as high as where the Jets were originally slated to pick . I know Mac ( and other GMs ) can screw up the pick anywhere. I just feel if he sits tight and let’s the draft go to him he has a better chance rather than getting cute. One thing he really hasn’t gotten right yet is trading down. Remember the 2017 draft? After taking the two safeties he must have traded down about four or five times and came up with almost nothing . McGuire and Leggett - a couple of back ups . Those two WRs who lasted a year and those two CBs - one who isn’t even around anymore I think.
    That’s putting quanity over quality. That may work in a couple of years when the Jets are better stocked and can take more chances but not quite yet .

#23 mrjet80, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Sam Hammer and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yep. That's why I said I wanted him to have a homerun draft, and that only a very small part of me wants to see him fail. His failing would hurt the team. I hope he finally gets it right, but don't trust him to.

Red Menace and CotcheryFan like this.
  5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

they finally have the QB. If they finally get the edge guy they will have two absolutely key positions not to worry about for the next few drafts. I think long term that makes the next drafts even better.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  6. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with this. We already witnessed you can't get an elite pass rusher in FA and even if you got for tier 1A or 2 it's risky business. You need to draft or develop them, and we sure as shit know Macc isn't going to find his pass rushing stud in the second or later rounds the way good drafters do.

ColoradoContrails and Sam Hammer like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

His interest in Hackenberg really made me question him as a GM, after he selected him in the 2nd I wanted him gone. He also took a L with the Fitzpatrick situation.

But he has a chance right now, to really right the ship especially if Gase and Williams help him out. He got 2, maybe potentially 3 starters last year with Nickerson, who I think can develop into a decent slot CB. Not too sure about Shepard but he has a shot to be a good rotational player.

#27 101GangGreen101, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    CotcheryFan and LAJet like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Trade down is only dead if no one wants to trade...so let's see

Trading down or not ...we are drafting an Edge R

Who's available? Bosa Allen M. Sweat and B Burns

Unfortunately Allen Bosa and Sweat will prob go within the top 5 picks

Brian Burns should be there if we trade down? If you can't be sure then you have to stay at 3

9. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I'll be happy with Bosa, but I'm more impressed with Allen. He's got better speed and reminds me a lot of Von Miller. I think he'd better in coverage than Bosa too.

FJF, ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.