NFLDC Jets Draft Review

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phyr, May 25, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

The rose colour specs are on for sure :up:

I'm not that naive to think that the rest of the NFL will stand still whilst we grow stronger, (hopefully). But we can't forsee how things are going to pan out with our team let alone others , so yes I'm trying to be optimistic , I save up all my pessimism for work

2. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Maybe you can't, but champ sure can. Don't believe me? Just ask him. Champ can do no wrong and knows everything :rolleyes:

3. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

In a perfect Chump world we have 22 starters who make the pro-bowl... and they all are under 26

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

And are all headed to the HOF

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We weren't a field goal kicker away from a world championship. We were a Head Coach away.

6. gustoonarmy

....and an accurate time piece with someone who understood how it worked , tick-tock tick-tock

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Very interesting with your Herm bashing since you were one of his most ardent supporters. Can we say you have done a 360 on Herm?

8. championjets69

If U believe it will be earlier then 2010 us winning a championship I am willing to put my money where my k/board is are U?

9. championjets69

Optimistic is wonderful & terrific but reality is a far different thing.

10. championjets69

Well for sure we would not have players on the team that were REJECTED by 31 other teams like Baker & Clements. U know instead of shooting off barbs all the time U should take a moment & say to yourself why have we NOT won NOTHING in the last 38 years & some months & maybe after thinking it over you begin to see things in a different way.

Oh yes if you to forsee a CHAMPIONSHIP before 2010 I will be more then happy to put my money up against yours also that that will not occur

11. Have Baker and Clement been productive players for us? Have they helped us win games?

If the answer to both those questions is yes, and it should be, who cares if they didnt command much interest on the FA market? The Patriots built a dynasty w/ unwanted castoffs(IE Mike Vrabel and Troy Brown).

12. Phyr

Phyr Member

y wood we do dat when we have U?

13. championjets69

Sorry U only look at as the NYJs not the bigger pix IMHO. How many games did Clements lose for us because he cannot run block? Same for Baker since he is not a threat he is a after thought to both the D & CP. Be practical with good OLman being a desired commodity in the NFL that says either 31 HCs & GMs are/were stupid or we are for depending a just most average of players. The same also goes for Baker & there are 2 reasons why because we give roster spots to just the most medicore of players that we are never a bona fide real contender like the Colts/Pats to name a couple are.

14. gustoonarmy

As a fan, I or anyone here cannot control what goes on in the organisation , influence? Maybe. But without hope as fans we are no where.
    It is possible to have a sense of realistic optimism though :jets:

15. championjets69

Nor can I or any NYJ fan for that matter control what Woody/Man or Tan do. We can only "hope" that they are smarter then Pioli/Kraft/Belly who will continue to block our way to the top. Sorry because after so many years of "hoping" & then going into utter depression when the "hope" turned to despair I decided to take a far more realistic approach to the NYJs which has worked out for me quiite well. It also taught me a awful lot about FB & how to evulate players. Just think after this year it will be 39 years with no CHAMPIONSHIP which equates to around 14,000 days since we reached the apex of the FB world.

#35 championjets69, May 28, 2007
    Last edited: May 28, 2007
  16. gustoonarmy

Understandable. I'm the same way about Newcastle united who haven't won a major trophy since 1969. Every year we are promised the earth , but no net product , always the bridesmaid.
    Since I have been a Jets fan though , I've been bought up with the conditioning of 'same old Jets' .
    Not since early Parcells have I felt so confident though. I hope all the game day fans feel the same way , because negativity DOES transfer to the field.
    Keep dreaming Champ , those can't be screwed up and thrown away.

17. championjets69

Well sorry to say while Man/Tan were hits last year. Now after a very careful evulation doubts are slowly beginning to show up like the D'Brick choice which I think may not be worth a #4 overall pick. The Baker/Clement affairs is really disturbing especially after both were TOTALLY rejected by the entire league but we welcome them back with open arms. U have to kindly consider that I have repeatly seen this same thing happen thru the years so I naturally take the tack it is the SOJs same book different cover. There have to be reasons ur soccer team & the NYJs have won nothing in far to long a period. There have to be reasons for it & I am sure that a lot that goes on with ur soccer team is the same garbage that has & continues to go on with the NYJs.

As for dreams they are wonderful but like hitting lotto they only come to pass almost never. Again I will stay on the practical track until I judge they are the real deal & then will I have confidence that we really/truly have a shot.

Yes because of BPs reputation I was pleased that Hess finally wised up but to bad that VTs injury in 99 detoured whatever run we were going to make that year.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

baahahahahah

19. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I actually agree with him. We've got:

Coles - a solid #1
    Cotch - a very good #2 who has the talent to be a #1
    McCairens - Terrible as a starter but is one of the better #3s in the league
    B. Smith - We all know his potential and by now he should know the position much better
    Dwight - Mainly for PR duty it seems, and probably should get cut. However, going into the season he's still the #5.

That puts Stuckey at #6 and the only one he's likely to leapfrog is Dwight. B Smith is Schotty's wild card and could split equal time with McCairens as the #3 considering his great athletic ability. McCairens is a big target who complements Coles and Cotch nicely, and you would hope he's got a fire under his ass this year to prove himself. Coles and Cotch are givens at this point to be ahead of him.

Honestly, WR is probably far and away our deepest position.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

dwight is garbage, McCareins is only on the team cuz if he gets cut look who else weve got.

coles only has a few years on him left, so realistically we only have cotch and smith who are definitely going to be here in the future.

our depth is horrendous. thats just me.