NFL Week 3 discussion

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

blatant dirty hit

Sherman could see he was going out of bounds (Mariota couldn't exactly stop his momentum even if he wanted to) and, as mentioned, the impact occurred well onto the white.

No doubt about it.

I don't see what Trump has to do with Sherman's behavior.

One could argue Sherman should've been ejected even before the Mariota play, and the fact that he was never removed at all is a testament to the incompetent referees in Tennessee yesterday.

The Waterboy and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

His comments were absolutely absurd. I also can't believe that Mariota wasn't concussed, seeing how the back of his slammed against the turf. Blah blah head injury safety blah blah, Sherman better get fined and fined big. Watch him fight whatever fine he gets.

The only display that matches it - or even exceeds it - was when Odell Beckham, Jr. basically went totally psycho in that December game close to Christmas in 2015 against the Jaguars. He didn't get ejected, either. I couldn't believe it. I also couldn't believe how many Giants fans defended him. If someone on the Jets did that, you know what? I don't care what team you play for. As George Jefferson would say, "BIGH!"

[​IMG]

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

DeMarcus Lawrence is dominating Jared Veldheer right now and really keeping this game from getting out of hand right now.

Nearly 14 minutes of possession right now for the Cardinals.

Man I would love to get Lawrence at a 4-3 end spot this offseason.

Dak & Zeke both look awful.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

What does it take for NFL coaches to give help to tackles that cannot block edge rushers? Arians is one of the better coaches in the league and a smart man.

He's absolutely dominating. Looks like LT out there.

FJF likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm really glad Zach Martin didn't go after Calvin Pryor. One less player to be pissed about missing on.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Am I the only one watching this game and talking to myself? I feel like @statjeff22 ;)

Larry Fitz is ageless. Just literally stole the ball from the defender.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Can it really be the case that Gruden thought the Cardinals would immediately kick a long FG as soon as they were close enough and then try an onside kick, with 2:45 left and down by 11? That would be monumentally stupid, since it would mean the best they could do would be to tie the game, and then only after making the 2-point conversion after a touchdown. If you go for the touchdown first you can then go for 2; if you don't make it a TD still wins the game, and if you do make it a FG ties it.

Anyway, I am very pleased that the Giants find themselves two games behind the rest of the NFC East after 3 games.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

All in good fun, bud. I enjoy reading your insight in the game threads. Sign this dude up to be the heir apparent to Scott Hanson on Red Zone!

Gruden speaks without thinking sometimes. I like him and he enthusiasm he brings to the booth and the game in general. But he's not the greatest football mind. That's why it blows my mind when everyone clamors for him to be our next head coach every offseason.

If he were to keep coaching, the way he was going, he may have ended up as the next Jeff Fisher. He was only 14 games over .500. Not that impressive when his Buccaneers team were built by Tony Dungy for him.

Jeff Fisher absolutely robbed the Titans and Rams for years. 16/22 years of 8-8 or less. Smh.