Jets vs Cleveland Replay

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 7, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Double-double in rushing touchdowns and throwing touchdowns, oh and also Heisman Trophy winner as a SOPH. Yeah he's so awful.

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's time to move on from Hack?

Impatient much?

boozer32 likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there being no good QBs in the draft played a small part in the decision also.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Like I said in before, the only thing that can screw things up is if Hack is a solid 8-8 QB. NFL purgatory.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If Hack goes 8 and 8...isn't that a good thing?

I'd rather build on that than some other offbeat scheme.

But yeah...it would really screw up the rebuild.

#45 Acad23, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    FJF likes this.
  6. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Hack wouldn't be going 8-8 .. the team would be going 8-8. He could have top ten quarterback stats on a losing team.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this made me think of my signature.

FJF likes this.
  8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, 22 of his 30 passing TDs came against 5 teams with a combined record of 23-39. The other 8 games he has 8 TDs and 9 INTs.

He'll be another Terrelle Pryor, and no doubt a good receiver, but he won't make it as a QB.

9. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

He had a great year last year and is entertaining to watch, but he isn't a great QB prospect IMO. He needs to add some weight and improve his short accuracy before I would consider drafting him as a QB.

boozer32 likes this.
  10. boozer32

Did anyone say that about Trubisky? That would be no. Carson Wendt went to North Dakota State so I'll ask what kind of competition did he play against. I'll tell you, those powerhouses of South Dakota and South Dakota State. Don't forget the perennial champs of Western Illinois lol.

westiedog1 likes this.
  11. boozer32

Little bit. The guy is in a tough position. The fans will want to see immediate results. But Bowles will probably start McCown so that will just add to the anxiety. So do the Jets move on and take one of these QB coming out next year? I'm sure the fans will be calling for it. Hackenberg just might take down Macc because I believe he will go down with Hack since he took him so high.

12. The Waterboy

I get it, you didn't have a response for my post so you deflected.

Plenty of people talked about Trubisky's competition. Plenty of people brought up Wentz playing in the FCS.
    I said many times I don't think Trubisky will amount to much, I didn't say it here but I think Wentz will go far, I've seen him play many times, but all that is besides the point.

When Jackson went up against good competition he crumbled. When Wentz went up against the best FCS teams in the playoffs he took his team all the way.

13. boozer32

LOL http://www.gobison.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=52 Yes, Richmond and Montana are true powerhouses in college football.

#53 boozer32, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  14. The Waterboy

How does any of this post or your last post support your contention that Jackson would be worthy of a high pick? I brought up how Jackson crumbled against top competition, how his stats were padded against lower competition, please respond to that, not something completely different.

And not that it matters but you didn't bother to check any further than pulling up NDSU's schedule. Wentz was still out injured the game.against Richmond. Way to be on top of things.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

+1

Granted the guy's OL was exposed when the competition heated up but at the same time his athleticism alone won't mean squat in the NFL where everyone's an athlete. This twig's gonna be snapped like a pretzel RGIII-style unless he (a) puts on some bulk and (b) proves he can read AND THROW against sophisticated defenses. Right now I don't see it.

[​IMG]

The Waterboy likes this.
  16. boozer32

#56 boozer32, May 15, 2017
  17. boozer32

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-louisville-cardinals-football-schedule.php
    Your quote: When Wentz went up against the best FCS teams in the playoffs he took his team all the way. All the way where? Beating Jacksonville St in Frisco, TX. Did anyone see that game outside of family members? Jackson beat Florida St, Virginia, North Carolina St, Boston College and lost to LSU and Houston. There is nobody even close in competition that North Dakota State played. Unbelievable. Jackson responded by winning the Heisman Trophy. Can Wentz claim that?[/QUOTE]

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the reality is that competition is only a small part of the situation. there are some guys that play poor competition that are great qbs, there are plenty who play and win against great competition but dont have the chops for the nfl. the nfl is a faster game with better athletes and small inadequacies are always found and taken advantage of. its really the guys that can fix any problems they have and guys who are willing to put in the work that will be successful in the nfl.

and some folks look for things to pick at about guys. i havent watched nearly enough of the kid to say he will or wont be a good pro. and yes assholes i know i am not an nfl scout who gets paid to have opinions on college kids.

19. The Waterboy

Once again, try and reply to the original post. None of this has anything as all to do with Jackson folding against better teams.

I'll help you out, this was your post and my reply before you somehow tried to make it about Trubisky and Wentz.

And for every Heisman QB that becomes somewhat productive in the NFL i can name 5 that didn't. Means nothing when it comes to predicting how they will do at the next level.

#59 The Waterboy, May 15, 2017
  20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What does "wasn't ready to play last year" really means with regards to Hack? The argument can be made that Hack was probably the most pro ready QB to come out since Luck. He was a rare modern QB prospect in that he came into the league already with experience in a pro-style offense, taking snaps/drops from center, making pre-and post snap reads, calling audibles, making/changing protection calls, playing with hard counts to expose blitzes, verbalizing plays in the huddle...etc...etc...etc. These are all the things that most not ready to play QBs have had no exposure to. If not ready to play means that he was not ready to be accurate and remain mechanically sound under pressure, then I don't a year of sitting and watching the likes of Fitztragic and Pettyful is going to change that. Based on the exit interviews, it doesn't sound like the coaches tinkered with his mechanics much during his redshirt. This is not surprising as who has that kind of time during an NFL season. Personally, I think the Jets were protecting him from the fan and media pressure. Make no mistake about it, Hack will be bad, not unlike most rookie QBs. The question will be how much he improves from week to week.