NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by tanknyc, Apr 27, 2013.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Day 3 Draft Thread (Put it all here)

Thus far I think we have revamped... Despite people not liking the Richardson pick he destroyed Alabama and the Geno Smith pick. With Geno Smith we could get a great value with a QB who will hopefully play with fire because he was left in the green room day 1. Just say Geno doesnt work out we still have a capable back up on the roster and we still could land our Franchise QB next year.

We solidified the line with additions of Colon, Peterman, and Winters. We addressed the hole left by Revis with Milliner. We added depth to the back field with Ivory with a Fourth instead of a 2nd round pick. Now if we can get Cornelius Washington or Brandon Jenkins in the 5th and grab Marcus Lattimore in the 6th add a TE or WR in the 7th we will have had a Great Draft.

2. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I think finding a quality TE is your biggest need. If you dont I can see your GM snagging one off someones practice squad later.

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I've been all for the picks/trades so far. Only problem now is still addressing the shitload of holes with the remaining "practice squad" picks.

I'd love to address TE and S but I'm not sure who will be left by the time we pick. Thomas? Stoneburner?

4. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Sharmarko Thomas , Zeke Motta, Philip Thomas , Baccari Rambo would all be great options and one of them would be available with the 5th or 6th

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Chances are slim that Washington will be there in my opinion.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

So far not impressed. Three picks left and lots of areas of need. Hoping we get the best S, TE and either OLB or WR.

Considering their moves so far I bet they get another RB, a C and NT or some other positions we don't have an area of need.

7. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

We still have UDFA's as well to sign. To think we are slowly cleaning house we are making the most of our Cap situation and we still have next years Draft where we will be loaded with picks . I think we did well

8. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

this team had too many holes to fill with one draft. We would have needed at least 10-15picks to do that. I'm ok with what they've done so far. Between the draft and signings they have upgraded oline, dline, rb, and qb. milliner should be an upgrade over kyle wilson too.

Even if geno smith sucks, it will only cost a second rounder. We have spent 2nd rounders on such stars as kellen clemens and vlad ducasse in the past. I can live with that.

They still have 3more picks and maybe that they can get some UDFA to shore up the roster too. There is still a chance to get a june 1st cut vet for a 1yr stopgap too. Idzik has a plan, let's see what he can do.

9. Drafting for need is never a good idea nor realistic. If the Jets had a ton of high end pieces in place w/ 2-3 holes in need of plugging..that'd be one thing.

But this team was in dire need of not just talent but top end talent everywhere. The Jets took very good players w/ immense upside essentially creating a whole new dynamic for this team. Not just plugging holes which sacrifices draft value & discourages roster competition.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Meh, not a fan of having too many good players at some positions and scrubs at other spots instead of food or even just capable players and as many spots as possible but I guess that's the reality this year.

11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

There is a reason I'm not a GM...but that doesn't mean Idzik is smarter than me. I would have gone Eifert at 13 for TE and then Richardson #39 if still there...Cumberland is not the type TE we need. Losing Miller to Miami was not a big loss, but we needed a TE that can play. Ertz going to the Eagles probably is why Jets went QB.

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

That was definitely the case because we would of took Ertz for sure and I actually wanted him ... But we did get the BPA for the value at the point in the draft

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMHO, It took SF 3, may be 4 good drafts to be strong across the spectrum and be in a position to pick and choose talent to fill one or two holes.
    If Idzik continues down this path, filling the team with top talent and value up front and then plug in the remaining holes, over the next 3 years we could be a similar powerhouse team.
    What SF has that we sure did not is a philosophy of consistency and stability at the leadership level and not overreact at the first indication of a problem with bloatted unrealistic contracts and "prospect picks"

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i'd like to see us use one of our reminaing picks to aquire a pick next year. if we can move this years 6th for a 4th or 5th next season i think that is a move we should make. would give us a nice stockpile in the middle rounds next season with 2 fourths and a 5th.

otherwise, i want us to address safety, grab another offensive lineman, and another linebacker. if there is an explosive WR to be had id be ok with that as well... although im not sure we need a late round WR type at this point, id wait until FA/next years draft and get a real impact guy there.

15. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Miami just took Sims. There goes another TE.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Miami still has no tackle LOL

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I usually would love this strategy, but I'd pass on doing that this season. I read that we are expecting a bunch of compensation picks for next year, combined with the full stock of picks plus the 3rd/4th from the Revis trade, we have a ridiculous amount of picks for next years draft.

18. ConcordeChops

Shit pick from the Panthers.

19. BroadwayGeno

BroadwayGeno Member

phillip thomas or bacarri rambo please

20. ConcordeChops

There's some bad hair so far in this round.