NFL.com video...watch it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Go to nfl.com and watch the video of Mike Mayock assessing the draft class at Tackle. There is a riciulous video of Brick in a 1 on 1 at the senior bowl making a DE look like a retard. Also, they talk about Daryn Colledge who many are apparently expecting to play guard and they say he could be a 3rd rounder. I know I started a thread bout Brick earler but that was before this video, it deserves its own thread. Jones could cover the QBs front side or we could trade him for someone, he's cheap. Brick and Colledge, even though it is all speculation, are both expected to be good and there's an off chance we could get both. The Pats had 2 rookie linemen this year and did OK....just as an example. I doubt it will happen but it would be cool.

Watch the video.

2. Fakterx

Fakterx New Member

Do you need anything special to watch these videos? When I click it, nothing at all happens.

3. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

D'Brick looks VERY dominant. No problem using the #4 pick on him...

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah that video was from the Senior Bowl practices. The DE he was owning was Kiwanuka.

5. lightning

lightning Active Member

Jones can't play RT, he was much better at LT and probably our most consistent linemen. I think the draft is too deep in OL to take one in rd 1. No matter how good brick looks.

6. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Lot more to playing the tackle position than one on one drills, especially in that situation when it was his specialty, pass protection, vs a guy in Kiwanuka who was really terrible all week.

7. PennyandtheJets

Oh come on. Yes there is obviously more to the tackle position then one on one drills. You aren't making any breaking news with that statement. Everyone knows that it takes a whole lot more. However, the fact that he was able to dominate his opponent in those drills is impressive none the less.

I don't think anyone was saying he would go #1 because he dominated Kiwi.

Not to be offensive (really im not trying to), but sometimes you come off like you think you know everything about the draft.

#7 PennyandtheJets, Feb 16, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I know what I know, and I'm not ashamed to voice my opinions.

And honestly, I do have to say things like that, because there are certain posters here that need to read those types of posts. Not trying to offend those posters, whoever they may be, but if they see even the slightest bit of positive news about some random prospect then they latch onto them like a disease. Then the rest of us have to deal with that person's talk until they jump on the next train in the station.

And based on Obrien7's post, it seems that he was rather influenced by the video; perhaps he too could be better off from hearing a little more in depthly about the situation Ferguson was in rather than the "OMG HE'S SO GOOD OMFFHG TRADE UP" that I'm sure was about to come.

9. PennyandtheJets

I read your post and I completely understand what you are getting at. Thank you for taking my post the correct way :beer:

10. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

LMAO, as i read that, i visualized him blocking a mentally challenged person and straight pancaking him, lmao, thanks

#10 PRPitbull, Feb 17, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  11. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

all i know is that if we pass up vince young for d'brick that will be a BIG mistake