Next 3 Games...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Oct 16, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Then Mac needs to be fired for drafting Hackenberg in the 2nd round, he will never see a snap out there. Just as much as a fireable offense, using this philosophy.

Putting Bowles vs Mac is so immature and dumb at this stage.

FJF likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

It's not over yet, they can both still prove they are right for the job.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Considering Gailey all but ignored both Petty and Hack, it fell on Bowles to make sure those kids got some guidance. Obviously that didn't happen as both he and Gailey were so in love with Fitz that they doubled down for Fitz 2.0. Not only did they get burned on that, but Gailey bailed and the next OC stated publically that the kids got ZERO in the form of training. Now we get to do it all over again with Josh 2.0 next season? I wouldn't bet against it if Blowes is still here.

#103 Cman68, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's not immature or dumb, didn't KC fire their GM because he wanted to go in a specific direction and Andy Reid resisted?

Idzik and Rex were obviously not on the same page.

These things do happen, it's not easy to get adults to play well together. Mac has drafted guys that Bowles says suck.

Bowles obviously suggested to Mac to sign a veteran bacuse the kids were not ready.

Mac obliged so both guys want the jets to succeed but up till now, there are still more veterans on the field than rookies. I thought this was a rebuild?

Lee, Adams, Maye, Jenkins, and Anderson are the only true young guys.

Most everyone else that sees the field under Bowles is a veteran. The jets are going to win 5 games with another group of veterans.

What exactly are we seeing as fans in the next 3 games? It's not the young players that's for sure.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So every player that ever busted was because of the coach?

6. I would include Shell,Stewart,McGuire & Burris as well. But I think you’re right..it’s still a veteran team & for that I blame Bowles.He obviously prefers a veteran unit & given the fact he failed miserably at both winning & disciplining a vet locker room last year I don’t see how he’s the answer.

As usual the big picture is counterproductive.They’re selling a energizing youth movement to the fan base w a lethargic melancholy head coach who only wants to play veterans & a GM who can’t find a QB to save his life,shows no urgency to change & will only draft defense. Think ownership cares?Of course not.

It’s a lost cause

Cman68, Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, like you're someone who should be talking about being immature and dumb. Try looking in the mirror, dumbass.

8. Red Menace

Thanks for the additional guys, I was going to throw in Mguire but he gets no playing time behind Old man Forte and Powel.

Stewart will also see very little playing time under Bowles unless someone gets hurt. It is what it is at this point.

9. 101GangGreen101

We really don't know why happened in KC. Petty and Hack had every chance to take the reigns, Bowles gave Hack the entire off-season / TC to show he was ready and he didn't. We can't just throw QBs that can't play out there, how does Robby get better? ASJ? 2 solid pieces of the offense. It's time to admit, Mac made the wrong decision in drafting Hack. He made the wrong decision in drafting Petty. Both don't have a future here.

Do we really know things happened the way you presented them? Maybe Mac and Bowles knew there was a shot Hack and Petty wouldn't be able to contribute so they got a vet here. The two rookie receivers, none of them got major reps yet, hopefully as they continue to learn the playbook they get a shot. Jets still have young players playing important positions (not named the QB position). No real youngsters on the offensive line outside of Shell. McGuire is getting play, but hasn't been impressive lately. The line can't run block, it's one of the worst in the NFL. Leonard Williams is a young guy, a lot of unproven linebackers playing right now so players are getting a shot. The only ones I don't see getting a shot are the receivers and I guess the QBs.

Now the question is, were Mac and Bowles on the same page? I would same SOMETIMES, but not all of the time. Do I think they are a better fit then Rex / Idzik? Absolutely.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I blame Woody for not knowing enough to hire a guy who DOES know enough to build a good team.

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If they were/are that "undeveloped", then how in the hell didn't anyone know this before the Draft and FA season? How in the hell could they go into a season with only ONE reliable starting QB - and I use the term :"reliable" very loosely as a 38 year old journeyman is only marginally that - and NO reliable backup?????

Sure, blame Macc - I do - but shouldn't Bowles have provided some clue that the QB situation was a dumpster fire?

Both Macc and Bowles need to go. This is classic SOJ dysfunction, and it's beyond old.

Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

still salty cause I called your ass out for blowing that Pats fan I see. at least you got your protein.

BrowningNagle and FJF like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

so outside of the 2 receivers and the QB what young player hasn't played that actually deserves the reps?

We talk draft, who turns in the draft-card at the end of the day? who is in charge of the 53 man roster?

14. Red Menace

I agree with you about the kids, that's why I said in an earlier post that Bowles told Mac his QBs suck.

When Bowles says he saw them play and Mcown is starter, he threw Mac under the bus and yes it's on Mac. I have not exonerated Mac from any of the blame.

Matter of fact I have gone on record saying they both have no blueprint for how to build a team and what we see on the field is a reflection of their philosophy and it's not a good one.

Mangini and Tammy did more in three years with their selections than Idzik/Rex, Bowles/Mac.

15. 101GangGreen101

I agree, I don't see a blueprint for this team either, but I want to give them another year at least to see how they do with this draft. It seems the team is behind this CS and FO. They are in a way improvising on the fly. I think if they can get a QB in here, that be Cousins or a rookie ... I think we will see a better sense of direction.

Now, if a hotshot offensive coach were to come around, then the decision might be a little easier ... but I doubt Morton takes a HC job next year, and I think the Jets can build on what they have now.

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Someone has to take the fall for Petty/Hack especially if they don't get a chance to play.

Practice is different from games, preseason is different from the regular season. There's also the issue of consistency and rhythm. 4 games won't tell you much at all.

Truth is the kids never had a chance and failed the moment their names were prefaced by "The New York Jets select..."

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Bowles wouldn't know a quality QB if one walked up and bitch-slapped him. Morton and Bates had only been with the team a short time and hadn't had a chance to work with Petty and Hack, to see them practice or play. Who was going to tell Mac that? Since Mac wasn't "in charge" he had no real power to make sure that they were being developed. If Bowles had reported to Mac, then Mac could have demanded a regular update on Petty's and Hack's progress and development and he could have made sure that they were being developed, but due to the stupid organizational setup, he had zero control of the situation.

Mac doesn't deserve to go because of this situation. He deserves to go because he didn't trade up in 2016 to get Wentz when he could have, and he didn't take either Mahomes or Watson in this year's draft. Even if he had, they probably would have been languishing on the bench because of Bowles.

Greensleeves likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Why would you trust Bowles' assessment of young QBs, especially when Gailey and whomever the hack QB Coach they had just freaking ignored them?

I agree that Mac deserves criticism and probably being fired for drafting Hack and not trading up for Wentz or taking Mahomes or Watson in this year's draft, but even if he had, I don't think the result would have been any different. Bowles likes vets. He doesn't like/trust young players. Bowles is focused on winning with what he has, not developing young players. Mac and Bowles are at cross purposes. I don't think that you or anyone can say that Mac doesn't have a blueprint for building the team or doesn't know how to build a team. We just don't have enough facts and information. You could be right or dead wrong. He hasn't been in charge. He's a freaking peer of Bowles. We have a clueless owner. We hired an OC that knew he was ready to retire and who had little or no interest in developing young QBs or building an offense around what they could do.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Red Menace

What if Bowles is right and the QBs do stink though, we assume Bowles stinks, and while I'm no fan of his, can you honestly say that he gets everything wrong?

The odds of him doing everything wrong are impossible, that's Rich Kotite bad and I don't think he is Kotite bad.

Mac has expressed his blueprint for the oline, pick offensive line players later in the draft and develope them.

Do you think that is a viable strategy?

I personally don't think so, and there is a possibility that they both are just average football people.

20. NCJetsfan

It's definitely a possibility that both Petty and Hack are average players, and that Mac made a mistake in drafting them. If so, I will criticize him at that point, but imo that's far from certain with either of them. Morton said that both Petty and Hack were practically rookies and that they had received little or no coaching/development. If Morton is right, then how could Bowles possibly make any kind of accurate assessment of either and say that they stink? Petty was basically thrown to the wolves last year with little or no preparation or help. He struggled, which isn't unexpected with a young QB anyway, but especially when half the team has quit on the season, the QB got little or no practice time with the starters, the game plans were shit, and they hadn't worked to develop him, what can be reasonably expected?

While I agree with your point that Bowles isn't Kotite bad and can't be wrong about everything, until I get proof one way or the other, I'm going to stick with Bowles being wrong. If it turns out that he was right, then I'll happily eat crow.

#120 NCJetsfan, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Red Menace likes this.