New York Yankees 2013 Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Jake, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I wouldn't even give him 200 million.

Why is he announcing this to the media?

I guess every player is seeking $300 million. Phil Hughes should also announce that he's seeking $300 million.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Did he announce it? who leaked it? Maybe the Yanks did? I don't know.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Clearly his reps are throwing this out in the media so other teams are aware...Most GM's are probably laughing but it is what it is...

Yankees need to get back to what works...Very good pitching and timely hitters. These home run bombers only got us one ring and it really because of timely hitting and Arod also showed up.

4. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Thanks for everything, Mo. My favorite all-time Yankee.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's a shame Mo couldn't close out his career at the stadium with a 3 K save in the 9th. I think most baseball fans even those that can't stomach the Yankees really like Mo and respect him. He is a true class act and more importantly you can tell he enjoys the game as he is always smiling. Congratulations on a great career Mo.

6. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Im still hoping he pulls a Favre and comes back

7. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

I was way to optimistic thinking this team had any resemblance of a shot down the stretch.

They were plagued by injuries and old players not producing. I dont even know what to say. All I know is our Starting rotation is gonna be completely different than last year.

Hughes, Pettitte, Nova are probably not going to be on this team next year. I dont know about CC and Kuroda kind of lost a few steps when it counted most.

You know what...I hate the 2013 NYY. I know it sounds childish and shit, but I really wanted them to pull through. Im just disappointed.

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I have to admit my eyes got teary during the Mariano, Jeter, and Pettitte moment. That was really sweet.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Mariano Rivera
    Career Stats Regular Season

286 Walks
    998 Hits
    ---------
    1284 WH

1283 2/3 innings pitched

he needs to get 2 consecutive batters out to retire with a WHIP under 1.000. Girardi you asshole, you better play him against the triple-A Astros

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Adam Warren starts today against the AAAstros.

I'd play Mo in CF for the 8th and then bring him in to pitch the 9th.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Playing the field will mess with his focus if he's going to pitch after. He needs to get at least 2 outs with no hits or walks

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't see it, I hope I'm wrong as I really like Mo and I hate the Yankees. He's just one of those guys that when you watch him it's impossible to not love watching him go to work. I think it's very obvious from the way opposing teams handled this to the way the fans have he will go down as one of the most beloved players of all time.

I also hope Girardi let's him play CF, that would just be awesome. I also don't know if he's ever had an AB in his career but I think that would be pretty cool as well. It just doesn't seem right that Mo walked out of Yankee Stadium for the last time as a player last night.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

85 wins this year. Mo and Andy retiring, just like the old Stadium, we didn't give them a proper sendoff in a playoff run. Although being out of it against TB allowed us to use Jeter and Andy to pull MO with one out and give him a standing O at Yankees stadium.

Disappointing year from our play, I think Joe should be discussed for manager of the year. Going to be weird next year without 42 closing.