New York Jets Staff Evaluations – Coordinator Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Jan 6, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Beasley had 5 sacks this season. McKinley was taken 26, he had 6 sacks. So you are not taking McKinley at 6, that is outrageous. Both subpar in the run game. I heard they are already getting their gold jackets fitted tho

2. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Demario Davis had 5....so he's a "sack artist"? Awesome.

3. 101GangGreen101

What exactly is your point here? What are the primary responsibilities of an EDGE defender as opposed to an inside linebacker? Davis is a very good blitzer, he always was. He is far from a sack artist.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  4. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

My comments about QB ridiculous?
    I think that's the other way around, you should never speak of QB's since your topic board debate about Hack. Your ineptitude has shown, and continues in your retort here.
    We are not set at RB, and to imply that we are set really shows where you are in team evaluations. We didn't have a running game worth a crap. They had one game all season against Jax, and the most of that came on long runs.
    Which QB would you pick in this draft to replace your last debacle in Hack?
    They are all checkered with issues, with the best thing about them being the hopes that one or more of them eventually turning into good QB's.
    There is no Elway or Manning. It's an OK class.
    Do you really think a coach considering a job here gives a fuck about what young QB is here?
    That's silly. A coach would much rather deal with a vet, than some project. If what you say is even remotely true, coaches would be lining up to deal with your favorite QB project. You know, the guy you desperately tried to advocate when we drafted him, Christian Hackenberg?
    I bet our management tries desperately to get our QB in free agency rather than the draft. Drafting a QB puts us in the same situation we are already in with Petty and Hack, which will hold us back. Signing a vet is the best solution for our future. Otherwise we can sit on our hands while said QB takes years to develope, while the rest of the roster goes to waste. Did you see the difference in player development while McCown was on the field compared to Petty? McCown played very little in the preseason, yet he meshed well with the rest of the offense. He also split time in practice with the young guys before the season began.
    Vets are light years ahead of any rookie you pick, unless he is a can't miss Elway or Manning. There is not one in this draft, no matter how you try to spin it.
    Keep trying, one day you will understand QB's they way you believe you do. LMAO!!!!

5. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

It was a joke just implying our 4th round pick whom as you said is an ILB nearly matched one of those elite "sack artists" and did match the other. That's all no more no less.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Not sure McKnight was the reason our special teams was good. Pretty sure it had more to do with Mike Westhoff.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  7. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

That's absolutely nothing compared to when he hoped the Jets got lucky and several women came forward to accuse Bowles of rape and/or harrassment and then Woody would fire him for that. LMAO

Walt White, 101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  8. playtowinthegame

I'm sure Westie had a lot to do with it, but it's Joe McKnight I last remember scoring the td for special teams.

9. 101GangGreen101

My fault that one went right over my head. My apologies!

10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Mayfield in the game against Georgia looked good but in the 2nd half had a rough time of it - whether it was the Bulldog defense that made adjustments or what, I need to see more of him against teams with good D's. His accuracy is the one thing that is in his favor, but, his bravado and pomp/strut style I don't care for and could be his undoing in the NFL. He needs to mature, which is a tough thing to do at his age.

11. 101GangGreen101

Jesus that's way too pathetic ... I mean why couldn't Bowles just drive 110mph with a gun and some herb?

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

what happened was a good defensive coach got a 15 minutes break to think about what Oklahoma was doing adjusted, made the throwing lanes tighter slowed them down.

#32 FJF, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Red Menace likes this.
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The meltdown when Cat was picked was epic, lol. Of course when the logic of the pick was explained to some people they came back from the ledge. Draft night has prolly been the most toxic, at least for '15 and '16. So anything outside of draft the FQB or else, even if it's an obvious reach, it's gonna be hell.

14. Walt White

"lumbering waste" omfg

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  15. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

This board will be insanity this year come draft time, it will at least be exciting and full of some good laughs before my inevitable tears begin to fall after pick 6 rolls in

playtowinthegame, FJF and Walt White like this.
  16. playtowinthegame

Once the free agency phase of the off-season is complete, we'll have more of an understanding for how the rest of the roster could take shape in the draft. I think it's imperative that Mac addresses the quarterback position in free agency, so the Jets don't appear so predictable when the 2018 Draft starts. The Bears kind of shocked everyone trading up for Trubisky after signing Glennon in free agency. Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater, Alex Smith are all possibilities in free agency/trade. If they sign Kirk Cousins, then I don't want to see them drafting a qb in the 1st rd. Whichever choice Mac makes he must go all in. No halfway shit. If he likes Cousins then be bold and either draft Saquon Barkley, Bradley Chubb, Arden Key or whomever is his best player available. Please no cute picks. No projects. We need first day picks to bring return on investment in their rookie years.

#36 playtowinthegame, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    tbruner12 and Walt White like this.
  17. Walt White

I was gonna say that and gave up, lol. Pretty much agree with all the rest too, particularly the latter bolded 1000%.
    There's a lot to glean yet and the picture will get clearer. Mac has a chance to make good but it's easier said than done. Hopefully things brake for him and it doesn't have to stretch out another year, which is possible, for everyone's sake.

Looking forward to the Sr. Bowl, Combine and the rest. It'll be an interesting off-season.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  18. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Can the Jets draft Jake Fromm? Kid is special.

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

But the Jets have 1st round talent all along the front line. That would open up all those sack artist for sacks right? I guess that is what they envision in theory. Sure hasn't worked for us. But maybe their is one more difference Quinn is far superior coach than Bowles. Yeah I would take 3 sacks from a linebacker and reach the playoffs everyday and twice on Sunday

20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I don't know why Kacy Rogers is still our DC. A relationship can only take you so far and the defense has gotten progressively worse. From what I understand, Bowles has been less and less involved in the defense since year 1 because he is trying to manage both sides of the ball (this is right move IMO). What that tells me is that Rogers has had increased control over a defense that it has gotten progressively worse despite the enormous investment we give that side of the ball.

Last year Bowles made quite few moves shaking up his coaching staff for the better. I think he needs to grow a pair and tell his buddy Kacy that this isn't working out. What bothers me most is the lack of progress we have gotten out guys like Mo and Williams. I also think its time for some new ideas on defense including possibly going to a 4-3.