New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I care. I wear Jets jerseys from time to time. We’re already a laughing stock of a team, we don’t need to look laughable as well.

3. I actually think the fear of ownership screwing this up is an extremely misguided notion.

The inferiority complex & sky is falling stuff has never been stronger within this fan base.Yes we suck on the field..a field that also sucks.Yes ownership is aloof & clueless as it pertains to actual football.

But isnt the whole criticism of the johnsons that they care more about the glitz & glammer than they do about winning? Aside from the stadium,in most cases the Johnsons go over the top first class & tasteful all the way. Never hear anything bad from folks who go to official promotional events like Jets house,draft party, etc.Ive been going to Jets TC since 97 at Hoftstra & its unbelieveable how far that fan experience has come & how accomodating the jets have made it.

I fully expect the jets to get the uniforms right..maybe the conservative,color blind,Giant envious fans will hate it..theyre gonnna hate anything ..but the majority of Jet fans & interested parties will come to like the change.

Its the Football operation that contains the Johnson’s ineptitude..Red tape,ambassadorship & branding is where the Johnsons flourish..

4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Completely agreed. They're bad at the football aspect of things, the on-the-field part of the game, but when it comes to the other aspects of the franchise, they've tended to do a pretty good job with it. I don't expect them to ever deliver me a Super Bowl appearance in my lifetime, but I would be surprised if they didn't get the uniforms done in a decent way.

KurtTheJetsFan and stinkyB like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Of everything I've seen, this concept probably sucks the least...... Not executed that well, but definitely moving in a better direction.

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

More stuff I’m seeing on Twitter [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A better effort, so that won't be it either lol

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is pretty good, though I'd prefer a more kelly green, but why couldn't they put that "jet" on the helmet a la Eagles, with the N and Y starting at the front center of the helmet and the rest of each "wing" sweeping back along the sides?

#1628 ColoradoContrails, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  9. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Uh oh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sign me up.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

The black will fade into the green at a distance. You need a trim of white to set it apart.

Rule of Tincture, marketing types, rule of tincture.

Brook! likes this.
  12. Brook!

Good point. Need some white color on the jersey somewhere.

13. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Didn't like this concept to much when i first saw it. But i gotta admit it has really grown on me. I still wish the accent shapes referenced the wing section or nose cone of the jet rather than just the ass end, otherwise its pretty strong imo. Can't wait to see what the org decides to go with!

Brook! likes this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

No fucking chance those are the new unis

15. Brook!

Why? Why grumpy old man why? Awesome jerseys.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Green over green is a terrible look and has universally been acknowledged as the worst look in Jets history so that simply cannot be the basis of the new kit. The Tron style numbering is like 40 years out of date. The helmet logo is ass.

Maybe a new AAF team could work this look. Not my Jets.

17. Brook!

Okay. I hear you. Jets have a classic look. My fear was they would go with some new young option. Above kit is another classic look and I don't mind the green pants as much. But I think they should make the pants white with some black and green in it and I am good to go.

K'OB likes this.
  18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

The helmet logo is SO UGLY. Like wtf is it supposed to be? When they preview the logo in game match ups, what are they going to show? A random white bar, wing thing? It just makes no sense. We would effectively have no logo haha.

19. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I don't mind that helmet concept, though it's obviously copied from the Eagles. It looks pretty good in the left image, but it looks off in the right, maybe because the wing is at a perfect right angle, which is unique from nearly every other part of the uniform.

I wouldn't mind if the actual uniforms were similar. Just need more white.

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I think this is spot on. I think this ownership team does everything well..except consistently win on the field LOL.

I don't think ownership etc., will screw this up. It will be a good move

The Jets have always been a good looking team uniform wise. The switch in '78 to the new uniforms at that time was very well-received. When that got a little drab looking, they added black accents and green shiny pants, and spruced up the look. Then when Parcells came back, the switch back to the traditional uniforms was again very well-received. And now its time to change again. I am looking forward to seeing the new unis.

KurtTheJetsFan and GreenfiendNYJ like this.