New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pic is slated as kelly green but like you said it certainly doesn't match the colour charts, looks more like Emerald but shiny on the chart above.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not sure of your "across the pond" usage of "slated" here but memory supports neither a recollection of uniforms that light (could be just bad reproduction from old film) or green helmets with the football logo. And I agree that it's no match for Kelly green, regardless. Maybe Emerald, maybe Shamrock.

3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I've seen more than a few of those color charts and quite frankly, the colors look different as you go from one chart to another. I still dont think our original uniforms were either Kelly Green.

The picture of the players in the old Jets uniform was a game played in the early 90's. Thats not an actual original

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Sign me up for Shamrock.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. LF911SC

Not our old uniforms but a version we wore for one game in the 90's. Thats Jim Sweeney and James Hasty. Also, we wore those ugly green versions of our white helmet

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

we literally just had the super bowl 50th anniversary, and the color green in the jerseys the old timers were wearing were clearly lighter than our current uniforms.

Refer to the color with whatever name you want, it was lighter and looks better than our current green.

7. LF911SC

Really? LOL, we know this.

8. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

The Packers and the Jets use the EXACT same green. Consult the official team materials and you will see both teams use the exact same Pantone code. I think MoWilkBeast is correct that website simply grabbed colors from web sites to sample and guess.

LF911SC likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets haven't always used that darker shade of green. Joe Klecko did not play in that dark green, nor did Wesley Walker.

10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to see why so many like white.

K'OB likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Those greens are not anywhere near accurate. I used to sell men's clothes, and my father had a drapery and upholstery fabric business.
    That is NOT kelly green. That is frequently referred to as "summer green." Kelly green is darker and is more blue and less yellow.

12. NCJetsfan

The color on the left below is kelly green:

[​IMG]

K'OB likes this.
  13. Lucky green sounds & looks good to me.This team needs all the luck it can get

BacktoQueens likes this.
  14. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

That is absolutely true. The darker green started with the new retro look in 98. I personally think the best the jets have ever looked is 1998 to 2010 or whenever Nike took over and started screwing them up.

15. Ralebird

Yes. It is if you're buying house paint from a Benjamin Moore dealer. Maybe it can be used to paint helmets.

16. Ralebird

That website has some colors they show as verified by the teams, some do not. I note that while the Pantone number is the same (5535) the Jets number bears a "C" suffix that the Green Bay color does not; I also would note that I don't know if there is a significance to that. There are also three other color matching codes that do NOT match and two of them appear to be pigment recipes.

My understanding is that the color codes represent formulae for matching different types of materials so printer's ink, plastic pellets, fabric dye and paints will have different codes; it was noted somewhere that even different types of fabric dyed in the same pot will accept the dye differently which may explain the horrible mismatched panels on those Nike things a few years ago.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The C just refers to the type of paper stock the sample is printed on iirc. C meaning coated or glossy paper stock. As with other materials paper absorbs ink at different rates and so the colour looks different on glossy or matt paper. If they specify C it is probably because they want the colour to look like it does on the coated swatch rather than the other ones. I've come across some businesses that use a different colour depending on the type of paper used because it doesn't reproduce consistently.

Pantone colour swatches are the standard for single colour inks. When the Jets last rebranded they will have selected a Pantone colour for their green and everything else tends to work off this. If they rebrand as well as just introduce new unis this year then they will do the same. The amount of colour variations being seen on Jets material at the moment suggests they are doing this.

All inks, paints, dyes, etc are just a number of individual pigments blended together to form a single colour. Pantone inks can be made up of many different pigments, but some processes are by necessity more restrictive. In print CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) is a mix of four individual colours used together by all printers - including the one at the office or at home - and the proportions given are the closest you can get to reproducing the chosen colour with just these 4 inks. Similarly RGB (red, green blue) are the 3 colours which are mixed together on an electronic device screen and hex code numbers are just a way of transmitting the colour balance information in HTML web code more efficiently.

Looking at the colours site you posted you can see that while the Packers and Jets green are ostensibly the same, the CMYK, Hex and RGB mixes given are completely different. They have a copy of the Packers colour guide so that is presumably accurate, the Jets one looks like a best guess to me and the hex code is listed first which suggests this is their starting point.

stinkyB and Ralebird like this.
  18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I don’t care what they do as long as they lighten up the shade of green. The current color looks decent in night games but legitimately looks like smeared shit during the day.

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Today is going to be the first time the jets use color rush uniforms during a day game. Interested to see how they look.

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. That's all you need to know.

Big Cat likes this.