New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Sorry I still laugh at that name ......

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

White is traditionally every teams road uniform.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Except the Cowboys.

If I’m the home team and it’s sunny and hot I’m wearing all white regardless of tradition.

Put the other guy in dark jerseys.

Herm used to piss me off putting us in dark green jerseys in 90 degree weather first weeks of September.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  4. So are we the woeful white or the gang green?Cause if the fans dont even want green in the uniform anymore team needs a new nickname & i need to finda new method of masochism.I was led to believe for 30 years now that the team was primarily GREEN..am i wrong?

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The green kit is the way to go. Green on green home, white jersey green pants away. What is so hard about this. There. I fixed it for you. :p:D

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I want green. Just not green pants. Knowing Woody the cheapskate, the green pants is to save on bleach and laundry detergent.

7. jetophile

The Jets used to mix it up. nyjunc can confirm, but he's no longer here to bust a cap in my ass for being wrong. I just always liked the white on white at home because snow blindness is fun.

#927 jetophile, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  8. jetophile

Yes.

[​IMG]

Yes.

[​IMG]

Where's the Dramamine.

[​IMG]

sozopol likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Stop with the Kelley green - Kelly green doesn't even work here. Kelly green is for cheap plastic hats on St. Patrick's Day. The only time the Jets may have used anything close to kelly green is when the logo was that stupid cartoon plane. Any pictures you see that show the Jets in a bright green (kelly) are the result of poor color resolution in old film technology. The right color green is very close to the colors of the two bands across the top of this page; the only problem is that every phone or computer will show that differently.

sozopol and abc like this.
  10. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Nope [​IMG]

the Kelly Green can be pulled off well. It's all dependent on the design of the Uniforms and the shade of green.

It would also be unique in the sense that no other team in the league has that shade of green.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Ralebird

It can't be "dependent on the...shade of green" if you want it to be kelly green - that is the shade. It's too bright. It's the color you see on a basic color wheel; the color of cardboard shamrocks. It's the color of the tie that Trump would wear March 17th.

Kelly green is even lighter than the Celtics uniform on the far left, and that's too light. The one on the far right is the best color here but it has too much of a yellow or brown tint.
    [​IMG]

Find a picture of the color you want and post it, even though everybody will see it differently depending on their screen settings.

#931 Ralebird, Oct 19, 2018
  12. LF911SC

Yes, just the Cowboys, they love to be different and draw attention to themselves, lol.

We do weat home at times, have done it because of the heat also. Just like if we're playing in Miami early in the season we're forced by the Dolphins to wear our home uniforms. Favres first game was in Miami wearing green.

13. LF911SC

They still do, see my response to Rollo above.

nyjunc is trying hard to get banned on another site. Was he as annoying here as he is there?

14. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ive posted this probably 3x now

or, yes, like the Celtics green

#934 STARoSCREAM, Oct 19, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Ralebird

That's not Kelly green; it has too much blue in it to be Kelly. It's not a bad color but is about as light as I'd like to go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Every company that makes things in colors will have variations - the Sherwin Williams forest green will be different from the Benjamin Moore forest green. What I believe most here are looking for in a green is forest, hunter or emerald (but not emerald as light as the chart above shows.) Definitely NOT Kelly.

sozopol and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

You can't go off a name as @Ralebird says. Everyone calls their colours different names - one Kelly green will be totally different to another. Pantone swatches are the design industry standard and are used to keep colours consistent across print and other media. The unis will be dyed to a Pantone colour, online stuff will use the listed RGB equivalent and print the CMYK one (assuming they don't use a spot colour) , etc. There is an issue though, even with this, as not all materials take dye the same just like all screens don't reproduce colours the same. So a panelled jersey using a number of different materials can be dyed with the same colour but not actually look like they are.

The Jets will almost certainly choose a single green Pantone colour but they can realistically call it whatever the hell they like - Kelly green, Jet green, puke green...

stinkyB likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This uniform is gorgeous, though I'd prefer a warmer shade of green. So I give it an 8/10, with our current uniforms being a 7/10. Put this uniform in the perfect green and it would be a 9/10, though our current uniforms would also be a 9/10 in the perfect green.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Take notes people....

19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I think a digital camo combination of Artichoke, Moss and Laurel would be sweet.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

kelly was a tranny that used to post here

alleycat9 and All Gas No Shake like this.