New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Gold and green is a great combo...would love to see an alternate uniform with a little gold in it.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Off you go mate https://www.packerforum.com/

Ralebird likes this.
  3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

K'OB likes this.
  4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Funniest part of all the posts that are always generated by these uniform changes threads is those who feel the need to tell others about the changes that they want and why and how their idea is what the team should and better do.

And how everyone elses idea of what the change should be is hideous and would never happen. Just because.

Or specifics like going to a silver or grey helmet. NOPE, Pats have a silver helmet. So? Others do too. Or a little gold, NOPE Packers have gold. Grey, NOPE. Black, too young or ghetto. Different shade of green, NOPE. On and on it goes, LOL

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I've seen all the Jet unis dating back to the Titans. Now this new generation of Jet Fans only know the Parcells/Hess '69 version. I don't think anyone still in the organization was with the team back in the 60's thru the 90's. A lot of the players weren't born when the Jets won the SB. As such, this generation's players have no allegiance to the Parcells version of the uniform and probably want their own identity. Tradition is good for historically winning franchises but the Jets aren't that franchise. The traditional uniform brings up memories of the '69 Jets and spanning the Butt Fumbling SOJ Circus Era of more recent times. Not many good memories there and certainly not many memories fans should be clinging to. Sometimes you just have to let go...

We've heard the phrase: "culture change" many times during the Macc/Bowles Era and part of that change has to be an identity change. That starts with a uniform updating unfortunately. Updating the uniform does not mean any disrespect to the old Jets or their limited accomplishments but lets face it, its time for a change. I highly doubt the team goes full avant garde on the unis, but I do see them wanting to establish their own identity by making this statement. They'll still be Gang Green, but they will become their own unique entity which I think is exactly what this team needs to do at the start of this rebuild.

I for one embrace the change. I hope they don't fck it up.

#785 Cman68, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  6. LF911SC

Well said. I remember all the uniforms too. Agree, if we had a legacy of winning that covers all those years the change would be an insult to all those before. But while the originals are associating with a winning team the Parcells uniforms are associated with being close. Close in Denver. Close in Indy. Close in Pittsburg. Close but no cigar.

The change isnt a slap in the face to anyone but it will clearly delineate a change a new beginning. Draw the attention to the changed attitude, culture, team. I hope they come up with something thats clean and modern, says we're moving forward that can also withstand the test of time. I know many are always ready and happy to predict that they'll fuck it up but really they got it right the first time. And then they got it perfect with the 2nd uniform. Once again with the Parcells uniform. So why not, the track record is great

KurtTheJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  7. K'OB

Probably because we are "the green and white" not green and silver or the green and gold, it may have escaped your attention but teams have laid a claim to this colour scheme already do you not think that converting to another teams colours slightly odd and flat out wrong, when we have our own traditional colour scheme.

The poster was right, gold and green are great together, no doubt why the Packers choose that in the 30's and pretty much stuck with it since and same goes for the Eagles who introduced silver in the 40's and ever since, we have been green and white since 63 apart from a third strip celebrating the old Titans uniform in 07/08.

I don't want another teams colours as our uniform, if you do that is your own choice and your welcome to it.

Look up Cardiff City football club to see why it is wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18324804

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ed-Vincent-Tan-finally-bows-fan-pressure.html

Forums eh, how would they work without interaction, isn't that what you just told me on the page before

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. K'OB

I don't mind a nice clean modern look to the new uniforms but I would strongly dislike colours being added that are predominantly famous at other teams, ie green and gold for the packers, silver Helmets for our most hated rival, Green/silver again for the Eagles.

The switch to white with added green highlights or accents may well be the nicest way to go, I would also love to return to the jet on the helmet but that is because it was there when I first started supporting the Jets, however that isn't overly popular but either badge would be fine in the end.

9. Cman68

I really don't think they'll change the color scheme, just the design and they may keep certain aspects of the Parcells version of the uniform.

HomeoftheJets and LF911SC like this.
  10. LF911SC

We're the green and white because thats what our current uniforms look like, no other reason.

And just about every conceivable color added would get the same response if added, dont want to look like so and so.

So its a mistake because some stupid soccer team went back on their colors? How many teams switch and dont go back, one who did makes a difference.

Again, I could care less what they do with colors as long as the design is sharp and clean. If the uniform looks good and it has Packers colors added, I'll be thrilled just as if they stay green and white and they look like shit I'll be disappointed. But thats me. My opinion. I'm not telling anyone what will work, what wont and why they better not go in a direction that I dont like. Because I know that with any given design some colors will bring those who totally love them and there will be some like you who will complain. Its an opinion and too many are too adamant that their ideas are best.

11. LF911SC

Should add to all my posts when I'm talking colors and dont really care if they add another complimentary color that I'd prefer they dont and really dont think they will. Just its a possibility but if they do hope they do it right. If they add a gold/yellow accent trim I wont think theyre copying the Packers anymore than they're copying the Vilings or the Chiefs, who also have that accent in their uniforms.

12. Cman68

Part of the update will most likely be accents as that is popular. I think we should just wait and see what the team decides on. I would imagine they will take fan opinion into consideration but the last say will be the Organization's PR, Merchandising and Personnel depts.

As we all know, the real money is in swag sales and not ticket sales. The better the new unis look, the more gold winds up in the coffers thru ancillary sales and if they hit a home run with the update, the trickle down could be worth additional millions.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. K'OB

Who is telling folk what will or won't work ?

It is people giving their opinion like you are giving in your posts.

We are the green and white as it is the "current" colour, well currently since 1963 as you know full well, that is our colour scheme and I offer no apologies to you that I want it to remain so.

And this is why I said to you earlier that I didn't want a back and forth all day long with you, you are everything that you were complaining about in your other post, you just don't see it.

14. LF911SC

I agree that they may add an accent color because it seems to be the trend in modern uniforms and others have added a new color without any problems. I dont agree that they will take the fanbase thoughts into consideration as I'm 100% sure the new uniform is done or just about done. By the time we see them theyre done so changes wont be made. I'm sure there have been focus groups giving thumbs up or down to proposed redesigns but not quite the same.

Its all about the money. How much gets to the Jets pockets I'm not sure of. Used to be that all merchandise sales were split league wise, not sure if its still that way. So not sure how many more Darnold jerseys will be sold because of a new design over because he's a up and coming star

15. LF911SC

Lots of people here. Not hard to find them. Didnt say you.

Again, staying green and white is your choice, your opinion is that we must stay green and white. My opinion is they can add another color and if its done right I'll love it. Its going to be the design that sways me, not that its a great design but grey makes me sick.

That you dont see the difference with what I'm saying and what I said others are saying then yes, dont debate with me, you just want people to accept your "opinion" and not their own. I've told no one that theyre wrong, that colors have to be what I want. Not hard to understand this and that others havent taken that approach. Thanks for playing, you've turned an interesting discussion into shit

16. Cman68

And Darnold bobbleheads, pictures, autographed footballs not to mention all the face time on TV with the new unis. If done right, its gonna be raining Darnold dollars!

17. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I actually like the logo. Helmet not bad either. Wouldn't mind putting that football shaped logo on a white helmet either. Just the jetstream could be percieved as boring but I feel like it could grow on me.

Don't like the uniform though. It's super plain. Give me the color rush jersey with white pants. It's basically a green NY Titans jersey.

18. LF911SC

Sure is. Add in that Darnold as a star will bring in young fans to the Jets. They are fighting for attention and dollars with the Giants in NY.

Strike while the irons hot!

Cman68 likes this.
  19. LF911SC

I think that this uniform is too close to what we currently wear only in a lighter color and with the sleeves shortened. Dont see the point in it.

20. K'OB

Sigh just where do you get off ?

You didn't mention me by name but fetched in the packers comment
    and guess who was the only person to mention them right before your post, is that rocket science for you ?

Your latest post again makes you everything you said you hated, that is certainly proving too hard for you to understand though, the fact that you can feel free to say "My opinion is they can add another color and if its done right I'll love it" that is fine for you but not for me or some others but I have never said you couldn't have your opinion but your posts seem to be more along that line, slagging folk off for not wanting other colours in our uniform.

And I turned this thread into shit lol well what a winning forehand return.

At least a conversation with you was highly predictable, you got pissy about the rams form filling and then next opportunity a nice little engineered row develops lol

Enjoy the game