New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

After seeing that I would love to gouge my eyes out with a turkey foot but neither would be a well-advised choice.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have no interest in any kind of faded helmets. did you see how bad the jags looked last year?

the darker green, black outlined unis were cool when they first came out, but with the horrible teams that wore them i am sure they hold alot of angst with most jets fans.

i really really really loved the kelly green and whites with the jets spelled out on the helmets. and i usually HATE 2 color unis. kelly green and gray can look very good. dark green and gray can as well.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Love this uniform, especially the green pants!!!! LOL

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The Jets were one of the few teams where adding black worked to better outline the uni

Green pants work well with these We looked kind of empty when wearing these with white pants

[​IMG]

KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You shut your filthy mouth.

AJW and Dierking like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :p:cool:

8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Hate! Hate! Hate!

9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, this thread has got me thinking. Obviously, whatever the Jets go for, most people are going to be disappointed. We can't even agree on what colour facemask we'd like.

So here's my question - is there any sort of uni that would make you question your continued allegiance to the team? Is there actually some colour combination or scheme that would make you doubt the fundamental viability of the franchise and the people running it?

10. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Any true fundamental change would have me seriously questioning the front office. If they suddenly were wearing Titans blue and gold for instance. As long as the team is green with reasonable accent colors (grey,white,black) i'm good. i suspect it will be kelly green and white with either grey or black mixed in. i also have a feeling they are going back to some variation of the 70's 80's logo as Fanatics has a ton of new merch with that logo. I suspect they aren't dumb enough to push the boundaries so far they would alienate the fanbase.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Alienate the fanbase. That's a hot one. Knowing this lying POS FO they'll put a Myra Kraft patch or a mini Swastika on it.

Signed,
    -Disgruntled ex-STH with a tremendous axe to grind and it has absolutely nothing to do with my unwaning love for this idiot team

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

OK

13. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I really have a feeling that it's gonna be very similar to the ones the have now just with closer to Kelly green and simplified, maybe with green facemask. I would love that.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hahahahahaha myra krafts head as the logo on the helmet. i could see it.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Seems like I might be in the minority but I am strongly against a return to the 80s 90s logo and uniform . It reeks of failure and is amateur and ugly to boot. I also prefer the darker green to the Kelly green. Kelly green is too close to grass/turf color.

I like the current/retro style {as long as they clean it up and get the color consistent} and I would also be open to something new and different. Just no 80s 90s throwback please!

16. NCJetsfan

A change to chartreuse, puce, mauve, magenta, pink or orange would have me re-thinking my allegiance as long as the current ownership and leadership team were in place.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

To tell you the truth I kind of like this look.......green pants just don't do it for me I think it looks kind of high schoolish...the white with green trim and slight black is a classic look.
    That being said I doubt the team incorporates black next year.........if I had my choice it would be the 60s look - same color with the 90s socks heavy on green and white cleats. Almost like the 98 unis only Kelly green.......

#577 mrjet80, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Still Iike the one Jamal Adams posted the best.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. A move away from green & im seriously questioning my allegiance only bc green is what drew me to the team to begin with.

Id be pretty disgusted if after all this hype they kept the current scheme & logo..its a great classic look & all but its just grown really stale.Even that wouldnt be enough to abandon ship.