New Syracuse Football Uniforms

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JStokes, Apr 16, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah what Joe said.

I got to Syracuse in 1977 and we were bad but by the time I left in 1984 we had built the Dome and we were perennial top bowl contenders. MacPherson built the program into a very respectable one culminating in the famous Tie Bowl (the Sugar Bowl) where Pat Dye opted to kick A FG on the final play to tie rather than go for the win (or loss which would not have mattered to Auburn) ruining our perfect season. Don McPhearson was great that year and should have won the Heisman but the voters went with some player from Notre Dame because....he was from Notre Dame. McPhearson was much better than Brown that year.

Then came Marvin Graves and more Bowl games and finally McNabb when we played some of our best football.

Yeah we were solid for a while, but Michael Vick reneging on his verbal destroyed the program and the Big East in the process.

_

2. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I like the unis. Long overdue. The numbers are lame, but hopefully they'll change that.

3. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Hi Cuse fans - making my first trip to the Carrier Dome this weekend for Cuse-Duke football. Wondering if you guys have any recs for a decent pregame spot in the Marshall St area that will be open early for the 12:30pm kickoff. I know of Varsity, Faegan's, Chuck's, etc but it's not clear which (if any) will open early on a Saturday for the football crowd.

Also, any specific suggestions for a cash lot in the same area? We are looking to arrive at around 10am for the 12:30pm kickoff, understand that parking near the dome can be a challenge.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Heading to a BC bar in the city to watch the game with my daughter's future in-laws in from Minnesota. We'll be 3 SU alums and 3 other hardcore fans against a bunch of Bahstan fans.

And we're going to lose.

_