New Orleans Trip

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JETSJETSJETS17, Jan 12, 2017.

1. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Any fellow TGG members ever make the trip to NO for a game?

Depending on the actual date of the game, I'd be very interested in taking the trip down. I've always wanted to visit, and now this god awful disgrace of a team is the perfect excuse to go.

If anyone has any tips or advice, it would be appreciated!

Thanks.

2. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

My wife and I visit NOLA a few times a year. Great Football town that is very friendly (for the most part) with out of town fans, the city LIVES for the Black & Gold. I have been looking forward to this game for years. We were there last year when the Seahawks were in town and our ENTIRE hotel we Seahawks fans. It was nuts. Lots of good natured trash talk between the locals and out of town fans.
    One of the best parts about the Saint games is that the Superdome is walkable from most of the French Quarter and the CBD.

I'm currently trying to figure out when the game might be. Oct 4th the saints are in London as a road team so I'm guessing the 11th will be their bye. That along with conference games the last two weeks of the season cuts it down to 13 possible weeks. I'm hoping for an October 29th or November 5th game. They take Halloween real serious down there so it's always a great town to be in on October 31!

3. seanofthedead

Just booked hotel and airfare for this trip. Headed down 12/14 and headed home 12/19. Jets are already the cheapest ticket vs. the saints at home this season on StubHub. My guess is 2 weeks before the game you'll be able to pick up decent lower level seats for around $100.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

By the middle of December they may be giving them away to avoid a blackout.

5. seanofthedead

Just picked up my tickets for this game off of NFL ticket exchange. Second Jets road trip of the season. 1-0 at the moment hoping to make it 2-0 in December.
    Anyone else headed down there for the game? Should be a fantastic time New Orleans is a great football town....