New NFL Draft Countdown Mock 2/15 (major improvement!)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jamesAngleton, Feb 15, 2007.

1. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

why would we draft two D-Lineman with our first two picks? The weakness was at RE. They say that the jets can put moses at OLB but i dont think it's that simple.

2. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

plus, i dont think that justin blalock will fall past the jets second round pick. I would much rather have blalock than mebane.

3. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

If that was the way it were to go, passing on Sideny Rice in the SECOND round would be a terrible, terrible idea. Having someone like him on this offense would improve it immensely

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I agree. I would be more than happy with a WR at #25 and completely skipping out at RB while upgrading the OL.

1. Sidney Rice WR
    2a. Justin Blalock OL
    2b. Lamaar Woodley DE/OLB
    3. A CB or DE

5. All Star

All Star Active Member

I could live with those three picks..........

6. JetsLookingforDWare

He was an academic All American.

When I was reading about him for the thread I started on him, I was impressed with his appearant intelligence and work ethic as much as his physical tools.

He reminds me alot of DeMarcus Ware as far as raw skill, the only difference being Ware has immense raw power.

7. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

That draft would probably move Robertson to Right End and Mebane in the middle. Moses of course would not be a D-lineman on our New York Jets so I don't see how you can say we would take 2 DL in the first two picks.

8. I'm too undecided on what I want us to do at this point. Need to see what we do in FA. In the end, however, I cant seem to get away frm the thought of getting bigger and more physical along both lines.

9. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Love the first round pick, and the second, second round pick. BUT, the first second round pick is just a no.

Here is what I would do based on that draft.

1: Quentin Moses
    • even though he is coming off of a disappointing senior season, he is very athletic, and could potentially be an excellent 3-4 OLB
    2a: Justin Blalock
    • huge force that would work perfectly on the inside of our line. Pete Kendall is getting old, and Brandon Moore is solid at RG. D'Brick-Blalock-Mangold would look great on the left side of the line for years
    2b: Kenny Irons
    • very underrated on this board, but he is very athletic, and he is personally one of my favorite RBs in this draft. He plays faster than his time speed shows, and he is a physical back. Him & Leon would make a very good duo.

10. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I would be very, very excited with a Moses, Mebane start to the draft, couldn't get any better than that from a realistic perspective.

11. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Quentin Moses, Chris Houston, & Tony Hunt would be great. (I can't believe Bush will be there with the second of the round two picks)

12. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Moses pick is excellent, not sure if I'd be happy with Mebane with guys like Blalock, Rice, Olsen still on the board.

13. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I'm clearly in the minority here, but I love Kenny Irons and I think he may just be the best RB in the draft behind Peterson. He reads defenses as well as anybody in the draft and hits the holes hard every time.

Irons' measurables may not be as gaudy as some other guys', but he has the kind of tremendous football sense that you can't ignore. Plus, Auburn RBs have a pretty good track record in the NFL.

14. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

Yeah, but I think Michael Bush is head and shoulders above him, the guy is massive, yet he has the moves of a 5'6" 170 scatback, and he can power through a Dline and get the tough yards, as well as bounce it outside and put the moves on a cornerback, or just flatten him the hell out.

If we take Moses or Moss with our first pick, I think we should go Bush at #38, and later at, what is it, #57, we should go WR or OG, maybe CB.
    Maybe Manuel Ramirez (OG), Craig Davis/Johnnie Lee Higgins (WR), or Tanard Jackson/Chris Houston (CB)

15. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

1. Quentin Moses
    2a. Justin Blalock
    2b. Tony Hunt