*** New Members Please Read/Introduce Yourself ***

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 12, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We've had a huge influx of new members joining today after the Hard Knocks debut. It's great to see all the new blood coming in, we have a great community of Jets fans here.

Unfortunately a lot of the new members have been posting a bunch of "fluff" one line posts to try and get their post counts up to view links. Please don't do this as it will do nothing but get you banned - it ruins the quality of the board. Please take some time to read the forum rules before you start posting.

If you want to introduce yourselves in this thread, please feel free.

Welcome to TGG.

2. stanner

stanner Member

oh, they'll do it, too. trust me.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you sound like one of those campus tour guides....

[​IMG]

4. grnmtnjetfan

grnmtnjetfan New Member

**New Member Introduce Yourselves**

Greetings to my fellow Gang Green members. It is nice to see commentary about the Jets for a change. I live in Vermont where everything is Patsies, Patsies, Brady, Patsies, Brady, Sox, etc. I grew up on LI and Newsday was a good paper for sports. Yes, majority was the local teams(jets, giants, islanders, etc), but you also read about what was happening league-wide. Up her in the GREEN Mountain state, it tends to be one-sided. So, I have to gather my sports info from other sources. Quite a few closet Jet fans up here; I usually hear them comment about my hard hat. My usual reply is "where's yours"? Been a Jet fan all my life. I have watched them struggle with themselves more often than not. O'Brian, Todd, the NY Sack Exchange, but I am very happy with Rex Ryan and believe he is the man to turn around the team. He has done a good job and hope they keep him long term. Some of his style reminds me of Parcells. I think they will do well this season. I even converted my wife once we were married; she was a Dallas fan, now she is a big Jets fan and and a Wayne Chrebet admirer.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. I can't imagine living in Pats country - we had enough of those pricks here in the capital region for a while but they're quickly disappearing as the Pats come back to earth. I imagine you're not so lucky out there.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

**New Member Introduce Yourselves**

New members please introduce yourself. How long have you been a Jets fan? What do you think of the new season?

7. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I'm kind of new member. Been a fan since 1985 and as I learned about the team's history and Namath and they are such huge underdogs it just felt right. They went on to that 10-1 run when everyone around me in school (I live in CA) ridiculed them. That 1986 season was a great run even tho we collapsed at the end. Been a hardcore Jet fan ever since through the bad times and good.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

I became a fan after the Chargers game last year. Die hard, baby.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Nice Intro,

Yeah, "My wife was a Dallas fan" We hear that alot...actually, aren't all COWBOYS Fans Female?

Welcome GreenMountain ! :beer:

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hi I am a Jet fan with Miami in my name. I have no self respect.

11. 624

624 Banned

Competition between Mods? Who has the better introduction thread?

12. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I became a fan when they picked up Favre. If he plays ONE more season with the Vikings I'm jumping ship!!

Who's coming with me??

13. 624

624 Banned

Your sig is kind of hypocritical if that is the case....

#13 624, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  14. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

Mike, lifelong Jet fan, born in Queens Ny, used to go to games in the 70s with my dad at Shea Stadium. Hung out in the 80s with Johnny Lam Jones in Bars, worked out at Buttles health club with Abdul Salaam and Joe Klecko( they both treated a pain in the ass fan like me good, total gentleman) Met Mark Gastineau as well as Freeman Mcneil at Richie Barathys Karate school/Gym , Gastineau was totally cool and Mcneil was a very humble built brickhouse, I bleed Green and love the J-E-T-S.......We dont need Revis to win superbowl, .. hes only one player, ONE PLAYER DONT MAKE A TEAM!

15. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Sarcasm is quite difficult to discern via the interwebs aint it?

16. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

Mike, lifelong Jet fan, born in Queens Ny, used to go to games in the 70s with my dad at Shea Stadium. Hung out in the 80s with Johnny Lam Jones in Bars, worked out at Buttles health club with Abdul Salaam and Joe Klecko( they both treated a pain in the ass fan like me good, total gentleman) Met Mark Gastineau as well as Freeman Mcneil at Richie Barathys Karate school/Gym , Gastineau was totally cool and Mcneil was a very humble built brickhouse, I bleed Green and love the J-E-T-S.......We dont need Revis to win superbowl, .. hes only one player, ONE PLAYER DONT MAKE A TEAM!

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

My name is MBGreen.

I love the Jets, ketchup, McDonald's breakfast, beer, tits and long walks on the beach.

thanks for having me, TGG.

18. 624

624 Banned

Fixed your post

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

^ I can't breathe....:rofl:

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

624 is cool. Wee awl no tha intanetz iz ceerious bizniss dood.......