New Jets Book Coming Out Sept 11.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Sep 3, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I'll have to ask Santa for that. :D

Brook! and LF911SC like this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Thanks for the head up, looks good. Not sure why they can't release it on either 9/10 or 9/12? Just seems like a weird day to release a book, but maybe that's just me. This was a great read and so full of pain . . .
    [​IMG]

Nate Jackson's book was also morbidly fascinating.

[​IMG]

http://images.paperbackswap.com/l/51/1151/9780684841151.jpg

I always meant to read Don Maynard's book 'You Can't Catch Sunshine', but I never got around to it. Has good reviews on goodreads.

[​IMG]

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10870270-you-can-t-catch-sunshine

#3 jetophile, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    RPOZ51 and boozer32 like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Brook! likes this.
  5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good read

[​IMG]

boozer32 likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'll be looking forward to this book not only because of Joe Namath but because this books also seems to highlight, features and focuses on his teammates, rather than just Broadway Joe himself. Should be intriguing and looks to be a must read.

Some of the best Jets related books that I've read have been...

"Parcells: A Football Life".
    "Just Give Me the Damn Ball".
    "Sack Exchange".
    "Rise and Walk" (Dennis Byrd).
    "Made for More" (Curtis Martin).
    Namath: "A Biography".

LF911SC likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I liked Eskenazi's book less than I expected to - after a while the constant litany of "Woe is Jets" just got boring to me.

I'm obviously a big Don Maynard fan, so it's no surprise I liked his book. It's a great read on how God-given talent, smarts, and a sizable chip on your shoulder can be combined to achieve greatness. I often find "good ol' boy from Texas" narratives off-putting, but not this one, and it was interesting to see his perspective on how two people who couldn't have been more different (he and Namath) were able to help each other to far more than they could have done separately.

8. jetophile

I thought it was very colorful with a ton of you can't make it up moments - because you just can't - but to each his own. It wasn't like a glorified championjets69 screed, but I guess I can see why someone would find that it wore thin. It brought me down Memory Lane a/k/a 1313 Mockingbird Lane and I enjoyed it tremendously for all the wrong reasons, lol.

Maynard, Post #89: http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/300-home-games.89447/page-5#post-3675104

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

“Just Give Me the Damn Ball”???! Really? A whole book of MeShawn Johnson bitching and bragging is one the best Jets related books you’ve read?

Come on dude that might be the worst Jets related book ever

10. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

At least I'll know what to say when my daughter asks what I want for Christmas this year

jetophile and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I thought Collision Low Crossers was pretty good.

Now let's go eat a goddamned snack!

RPOZ51, jetophile and BrowningNagle like this.
  12. boozer32

New releases always come out on a Tuesday. But I agree Sept 11 not a good day in people 's memory. One week earlier or one week later would have been fine. Gang Green was a great read. One of my all time favorite books.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well being born in 1985 I was maybe only 11-12 years of age once reading his book but I just loved Keyshawn as a Jet and enjoyed reading his book just as I would today if another player notorious for money in Darrelle Revis came out with a book (if he hasn't published one alredy). I'm 33 as of today but yea when you're 11 or 12 and your mom buys you a book as a Christmas gift you might just enjoy it... Or at least I did.

P.S: He's not the piece of shit person some make him out to be. And the book was good insight into a players rookie season but you're entitled to your opinion.

boozer32 likes this.
  14. jetophile

You learn something new everyday. I honestly did not know that. The problem with that book was that when it came out the Jets were on 37 years of football futility. Now it's 49.:confused: Hopefully now with Sam Darnold that will change. Pleasegodpleasegodpleasegodpleasegod. That is all contingent of course on the Jets not allowing Darnold to get folded up like a cheap lawn chair. Oy, the nerves here are already shot.

@Acad23 'Collision Low Crossers' has been on my list since it came out back in 2011/2012. A bunch of people from another site I belong to read it and highly recommended it. I hear tell there's an addendum/epilogue that was added later on the Tim Tebow debacle, lol. Anyway, supposedly it's generally very entertaining. Jets fans, we love to revel in our wounds at times. Oh, well, at least it reminds us we're alive! Only not in the division! Haha.

boozer32 likes this.
  15. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Don’t miss the Eskenazi book posted by @jetophile. It’s a keeper!

16. boozer32

I was a Keyshawn fan also since his USC days. Loved his book. Parcells never gave him flak for writing it and calling out Wayne Chrebet. All Parcells care about was winning and players giving him their best. Keyshawn had one of the greatest games I've ever witness against Jacksonville in the playoffs. He caught a TD, threw for a TD, recovered a fumble and also had an interception.

17. boozer32

I'm so backed up on my reading. I was going to purchase this because of the recommendations right here. Found out I already own it lol.

18. boozer32

Bill Walsh Finding that Winning Edge is the bible of pro football. He outlines running a team from the top to the bottom. GM, coaching, scouting, administration he lays it all out. Its hard to find now and if you do it can cost as high as $400.00 or more dollars.