New Buffalo Bills HC - Rex Ryan (per Schefter)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by scott dierking II, Jan 11, 2015.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Umm the bills can have both. The defense is good. They have players on offense.

Perhaps they sign Murray or someone. They have a better team than the jets.

2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Maybe Ryan realized that he didn't have a chance at the Atlanta job or maybe he actually turned the Atlanta job down. If he turned down the Atlanta job, then he is not nearly as smart as I thought he was.

Buffalo is an utter mess. Who trades 3 draft picks for a non-qb? Who trades 3 draft picks for a WR, when there were potentially TWO WR's who are better than Watkins (Evans and Beckham)? Buffalo is run in a way that they can't win. They give a qb contract to Mario Williams. Both Kyle Williams and Mario Williams are getting older. This is not a team built for sustainable success.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  3. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I love the guy and wish him well (when he's not playing us), but this just illustrates to me why I'm not that choked up he's gone.

He could have, at the very worst case-scenario, made millions on TV (and from Woody I believe) and waited for the perfect opportunity. There was still mutual interest from Atlanta, from what I've heard, so he might not have even waited that long.

Instead he's going to the same division, with the same headaches (mostly B&B), the same stout defensive setup, and the same offensive problems (young weapons with no trigger man).

He just can't help himself. He has to show everybody he can win his way. Twenty years from now when NFL teams are regularly putting up 50-burgers he'll be the last man shouting "Ground and Pound" from the mountaintop.

I don't care if he sweeps us for the next three years. I'm still ready for a change.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I don't know what to tell you if you think Rex is anything to write home about as a HC. It's funny, because he's quickly become one of the more overrated head coaches in all of professional sports. Just a reminder, he's lost more games than he has won and he hasn't had a winning record since the middle of the first Obama administration.

Also, you could make a very good argument that the Jets are in every bit as good a situation as the Bills are heading forward. We have more cap space, blue chip talent on the defensive line (they probably have more overall talent, but we probably have the two best players), and the same uncertain QB situation.

Here's the bottom line: The Bills had a top 10 defense and a below average offense . . . and they hired Rex Ryan [​IMG]

#104 slimjasi, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Makes no sense. But if he chose the bills because of the defense he is showing his flaws again.

6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Not without the best offensive line, running game and defense in the league.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

From top to bottom the Bills defense is better then the Jets,Without a QB and even with one they are gonna be a big problem for us

legler82 likes this.
  8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Well the Bills do have a very good defense who could become elite with Rex coaching them, and they do have Spiller and Jackson and even Dixon is solid. They have 3 good receivers in Williams, Woods, and Watkins. Maybe a guy like Sanchez can thrive over there.

legler82 and soxxx like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He is a good coach. And the reason I keep talking about it is because there are still a group of dimwits who don't think he's a good coach. He has exactly what he needs in Buffalo to be as good as he was his first two years with the Jets: running game and a dominant D.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I was with you until this....... NO ONE thought those guys were as good, or close to Watkins entering the draft, and still arent, but yes, that trade up was a poor decision, regardless

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Uhm, they currently don't have both. Again, the Bills had a top 10 defense and a below average offense . . . and they hired Rex Ryan.

12. LongIslandBlitz

Being that he's a defensive guy I think picking the team with the best defense is no surprise.Its not like he had a ton of options,49ers wanted to go in a diffrent direction,Falcons were dragging there feet ,So the Bills make the most sense

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Somewhere Rex is proclaiming they'll meet Obama before he's gone, nobody's gonna wanna play the Bills and that everybody's gonna get their best shot, this is the best Bills team he's had and they're '15 draft is an A+, no question about it...

BeastBeach and slimjasi like this.
  14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

15. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

There's no way he turned the job down in Atlanta. There's no way he turned down any other HC jobs. Nobody choses to live in Buffalo, if they have other options available. And that's not even factoring in that Buffalo had the worst QB situation of any of the open head coach spots.

Zero chance Rex was offered a head coach spot anywhere else.

16. LongIslandBlitz

Yea and he's gonna hire a offensive staff and let them do there jobs,I never liked his ability to hire an offensive staff ,that would worry me if I'm a Bills fan

17. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Rex is a bad coach, he still has no offense, the Bills still suck. Anyone freaking out over this is a pussy

Pocket Jet and Jets1035 like this.
  18. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

We got big problems here fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Play like a fucking Buffalo Bill!

This is gonna be fun.

Jets1035 likes this.
  20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

More Good News:

The Buffalo Bills 1st Round draft picks will be Defense for the next 5 Years.

Jets1035, JetsNation06 and slimjasi like this.