New Buffalo Bills HC - Rex Ryan (per Schefter)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by scott dierking II, Jan 11, 2015.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I doubt he picked between the two. Watch for Atlanta to name their guy in the next day or two---unless they are waiting for McDaniel or Quinn

Red Menace likes this.
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Bills will def be doing Hard Knocks this year there's no doubt

3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with the football match up but everything to do with the ratings the network will get with Rex being on the other sideline

legler82 and Endlessly Counting like this.
  4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

All sanchez drama aside, if the bills sign sanchez thst team would rival the 2009 and 2010 team

5. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Honestly, good for Rex. No one will have a bigger chip on his shoulder next year then him. He'll want to prove he can win without a QB. Plus he'll want to exact revenge on the Jets AND he continues to play against Belichick/Brady which is something he loves.

6. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

As to why Buffalo, let's assume that the Atlanta thing for whatever reason wasn't working out as even my dog realizes that the Falcons are closer to SB than the Bills right now.

I love the signing. A restored rivalry, and a Rex Ryan coaching is entertaining and never boring. It really makes the Bill's games now somewhat of a grudge match and CBS will probablty reserve 1 camera ALL REX ALL THE TIME on their broadcasts LOL.

Now let's just sign Mac as GM, and wait until after SB and get Quinn signed and move forward.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You're dreaming...a typical Soxx reaction.

8. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

I agree. It really is GOOD FOR REX. And kinda a fun thing for us Jets fans to get to face his team 2x a year. (Oh sorry, Football is all biz, and no fun, I forgot).

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This has the making of his first 2 years with the Jets. A stacked D, easy schedule, and a solid running game. If Sanchez does anything for him next year (lets be realistic, Sanchez is his QB), that team can make the playoffs and win a few games.

10. LongIslandBlitz

Just saw Shefter on ESPN it sounds pretty offical

11. John

John Active Member

it doesn't really make sense to me. They are gonna have a sick ass defense anyway, pretty hard to improve what they did this year, but they still have no QB, no WR except the shaky Wakins and 2 RB's who dont scare me anymore.

rex still has no offense and is frankly in a lot worse offensive position he is with the bills than the jets. The jets have the #6 overall pick and tons of cap room

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that the only people that have anything negative to say about this hire for the Bills are a certain sector of Jet fans?

13. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't see how it would be a "grudge" match - half the Jets fanbase is pissed we fired him and would rather have Rex than any of the other candidates. There's no animosity. And god forbid he wins; it'll only go from "depressing" to anger (directed at Woody). Woody would have to go into witness protection if Rex were ever to go to a Super Bowl in Buffalo.

legler82 likes this.
  14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The only team that scares me in our division is the Jets.
    CAN'T WAIT!

15. LongIslandBlitz

Shaky Watkins?That guys gonna be a beast with a decent QB

16. John

John Active Member

Idk how i feel though, i know its a business and all that but i feel kinda betrayed he went to the Bills, cmon rex you had plently of other offers

17. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Bills were obviously taken by surprise by the loss of Marrone. They didn't have a real game plan to replae him. Did they even get around to interviewing anyone other than Rex? This is not their best move...it's more of a desperation move on their part. They may think that Marrone is going to sign with the Jets and that this is their best PR response.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

"Working out "details is not official" Thread Title was changed to make it appropriate at this time. We have had false news reported in the past. It's close will change the title when it's done.

19. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Who?

20. John

John Active Member

He can be a very good WR but i mean under 1k yards. This team gave up 2 1st rounders for this guy. He should be having an OBJ season