Netflix TV Shows Recommendation Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Great American, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Lol, great video, I don’t remember him screaming that much. The original tried to have a serious plot, they were in a bad situation when we think about it.

It’s night and day Jeto, the new show is more relatable to what we know can be accomplished with science.

Give it a shot and see, would love to get your feed back.

There is a good movie on Netflix for sci-fi fans, it’s called Spectral.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Great way of explaining Dr. Smith role!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'Lost and Space', haha, typo Queen as always, I'm leaving it for posterity. I don't think the original was actually meant to be funny per se, but hot damn, was it ever. I never saw the movie that was made in the late '90s, I just didn't care about it. Billy Mumy is actually a really cool creative guy (besides 'Fish Heads'). Just a really good perspective on life and surviving being a child actor without the usual pitfalls and making his own way. Speaking of 'The Twilight Zone', Mumy had two appearances: 'It's a Good Life', and 'Long Distance Call'. When I first joined here, I said I wished that Anthony could wish it, wish the Jets into the cornfield, son. My sentiments haven't changed all that much.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lol, I didn't even notice your typo ... I like to live dangerously with typos as well.

If you watch it, I would be interested in you comparing the kid in netflix show to Billy Mumy when he played the role. I just looked up those episodes and I absolutely remember "Its a Good Life", cause I wanted to be that kid with powers growing up.

That was a REALLY good episode. Really messed with my head as a kid.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

6. jetophile

Hahaha, GTFO!!! Ours was more of a table top/floor thing that we played with along with Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Probably about 18" tall. Is that really yours or did you just track down a picture? Laughing like hell. Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots! And when the head popped off on a spring in a knockout (not electrical at all), it would go eeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh! And yeah, the Robot made it into the ring with Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

#86 jetophile, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I wish it was mine, your post just made me go searching to see how much one would cost. If only I had a spare $22,500 laying around. I think would all be multi millionaires if we held on to all the old toys we had growing up. Maybe some of these hoarders are onto something.

8. jetophile

The only thing that hoarders don't hoard are LIDS THAT FIT OTHER STUFF! Not to derail, Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots - I'LL KNOCK YOUR BLOCK OFF! We also shot some cap guns during the matches. Tom boy till the end. Yes, there are some really old people on here, probably a couple of days short of championjets69 :mad:

#88 jetophile, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  9. jetophile

I'm pretty sure this is available on Netflix: 'The Alienist'. I read the book years ago, right after it came out. It was OK written, but all I would do was buy murder and horror in paperback to alleviate my torturous 4.5 hour total commute to NYC everyday. I was generally a paperback horror and true crime whore. Well, hey, the kiosk was there. It passed the time. 'Carrion Comfort' (Vincent chewing on a razor blade and then hissing without a tongue after being mind controlled was pretty wo-rad), 'Song of Kali' (cult figure gets tracked down in India, had leprosy, was resurrected from the dead, protagonist's infant daughter gets murdered, he jerks off in a sink), 'Shadow Land'. No surprise that Dan Simmons wrote the first two including 'The Terror'. 'Revenant' by Melanie Tem also has its moments. Hard to find, but it has very strong moments. More of a haunting/ghost story. If you can find it, enjoy it. She's Asian-American, and some of that Asian haunt shit is not for the nervous.

I adore ghost/creepy stories, especially short ghost/creepy stories. A tangent, what else.

Anyway, I liked the series, mostly because the perv pederast who was raping and killing underage male prostitutes got a bullet in the forehead before any of the main characters figured it out. It was a departure from the book, but I liked the angle. "What's wrong with your teeth?" Shivered a little. "You can't shoot me, I'm a Van Bergen!" See ya. Reminded me of some jackass years ago who wouldn't get let into an exhibit and pitched a fit on the escalator when the MOMA was 15 mins. to closing. "My mother is a patron! My mother is a patron!" Typical NYC, "My father is a mechanic. Shut up, asshole." Hot damn, I love the city of my birth.

#89 jetophile, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  10. jetophile

'The Keepers'. Not sure if it's still on Netflix. Infuriating, upsetting, nauseating, yet also uplifting that ex-students cared enough to try to solve a lovely person's unsolved murder. I didn't sleep for a couple of days afterwards, but I felt compelled to watch it, and in the end, I'm glad that I did. The jury is still out on - but mostly in - on 'implanted' childhood or 'recovered' memories, but the main survivor in this documentary series, I can't help but believe her about the sexual abuse part. In a way, the murder of Sister Cathy Cesnick is a side-story.

There are a lot of open questions and somewhat wild speculation about who actually murdered Sister Cathy, but that doesn't excuse the sexually abusive pedophile monster, Father John Maskell, who conveniently got protected and shuffled around. I wouldn't wish dementia on my worst enemy, but fukk that guy. The irony of dementia in his instance was that of course he got out of facing his victims even though the statute of limitations had long since run out. How convenient for him that dementia gave him yet another way of avoiding admitted anything he did. Just another one who got away with it sexual abuse through lies and complicity. Heh, and if you guys think Jimmy Saville is bad, take a gander at Marcial Maciel. Don't even bother with wikipedia on Maciel. It's sugar-coated.

#90 jetophile, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018