Neil Sterling - Time to hang em up...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...-suffers-concussion-likely-out-multiple-games.

This isn't his first this season either? Dude seems to get them a bit too often and honestly, he's gotta be asking the question about his long term health.

Time to move on Neil. You're still young and have your entire life in front of you. Use your college degree, get a job and move on into your future young man...

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That sucks. I liked him. Josh Martin may not be back and he may not want come back.

This is part of the NFL now. It's part of the rules now and how the game is played now. Don't expect to see the old NFL and how that game was played, even by the players.

3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

How was the hit he took not flagged?

4. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

The worst part is it was, but they decided to pick it up.

I hate this from a non-football human empathy sense. But from a cold hearted X's & O's sense I'm glad that Herndon will be getting more play. This is something I have been clambering for since week 1 and I don't understand why he isn't out there more when he's so clearly the best TE on the roster.

5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Buster Skrine is also in the club. He seems to get his bell rung pretty easily. 2 this year & I believe 1 last year.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Very sad like Martin. Like him as a receiving tight end but two in one year. Time to sit get healthy and then figure out what he should do. It's what is best for him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

concussions suck. There is little they can do to test if your completely recovered. If you come back too quickly its much easier to get a second, or third ect. I've delth with far too many in my life and feel for the guys that go through it.

8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

He missed almost 2 months of football this year because of a concussion. I knew when the hit happened that it would probably be the end for him.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

A few people already said it re: the helmet to helmet. The league should be embarrassed, but it isn't. The whole player safety thing is a sham. Again, the explanation that the former NFL ref turned shill Gene Steratore gave about why the flag was picked up was weak at best. There was no doubt in my mind that Sterling was concussed, and there's Nantz kissing ass and thanking Steratore for explaining it as Sterling is wobbly-kneeing it into the tunnel as Tony Romo sits there in relative stunned silence. I think he said something like, "Uh, yeah, I guess . . ." The Jets should petition the league just on principle, but they won't. Good luck, Neal. I feel bad for the guy, so even though it wasn't helmet to helmet because another angle showed the guy led with his shoulder and didn't initiate contact with his helmet, it was nice knowing you. Oh, the angle I didn't see, by the way. And even if I did see it, I can think of plenty of teams who are getting that call in spades.

stinkyB likes this.