NCAA Regular Season Games Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Murrell2878, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

2. Murrell2878

3. Murrell2878

4. Murrell2878

What a freakin' classic of a game! WVU answers back w/ a Geno Smith TD Pass to Stedman Bailey again;

5. Murrell2878

Big game for Landry Jones tonight. 6 TDs over 500 yards and drives them down for the go ahead TD w/ :24 left.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

wild. first alabama goes down in a big upset and then this week KSU and Oregon were both big favorites to win

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Man I was so happy after we whipped Wake(You were right HitmanHBK...man they are bad ) but when Kansas St got downed big time I was screaming so loud, I am amazed by neighbors did not wake up........

And then when Oregon lost to put THE DAME at No.1?!?!?!?! OH MAH GOODNESS! I WAS RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE LIKE A LUNATIC...

I Never thought in my wildest imagination that THE DAME would be No.1 ever in my lifetime, this is such a blessing! The Jets are so bad yet Notre Dame football has HEART and WILL and PASSION! PLEASE DONT LET THAT MONKEY JABRONI LANE KIFFIN UPSET US NEXT SATURDAY. HE IS THE GRINCH, HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO RUIN ANYONE'S CHRISTMAS! Hopefully Matthew Barkley is dinged up good vs UCLA.

This is by far maybe the best season I have ever seen out of one of my teams, yes including over the 09 Yanks. I never ever thought Notre Dame would be a game away from finishing the regular season undefeated, no less touch No.1. God bless you Brian Kelly, MANTI TE'O, EVERETT GOLSON(ROOKIE LEADING OUR TEAM!), TYLER EIFERT AND THE UNSUNG HEROES IN THE TRENCHES WHO LAY IT ALL ON THE LINE EVERY SINGLE GAME WITH NO HYPE!

[youtube]mHadMHAgBaQ[/youtube]
    [​IMG]

One more game boys....GIVE IT YA ALL. ALL THE SUPPORT FROM ACROSS THE NATION FOR THE UNDERDOGS....THE GOOD GUYS! Slay the Trojans! SLAY THE SCUM! WIN FOR GLORY AND WIN FOR VICTORY. WE ARE THE FIGHTING IRISH, WE BACK DOWN FROM NO ONE!

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

what would really be interesting is if USC beats ND. Then I guess Alabama would go to #1.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

how old are you baker? ive been a nd fan as long as i have been a jets fan and can remember steve beurlein playiing qb a few years before they got good the last time they were good.

its been a long long long time since we have been relevant. many years its been just down right painful to watch.

i love the jets but notre dame is just different i really really feel invested emotionally in notre dame... i miss jets games every now and again, i never ever miss notre dame games.

i still dont think they are a great team. i still think they will have a tough as hell game next week and will be severely overmatched if they make to the national championship game... but man oh man am i enjoying the ride.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

undoubtedly. but the real interesting thing isn't Alabama going to #1, which would be a foregone conclusion if USC wins, but what happens to a 1 loss Oregon team if they win out and Alabama wins the SEC. will Oregon finish ahead of LSU or Florida or will the ESPN/SEC syndicate manipulate an all SEC BCS game on us.

and ESPN is clearly already angling to keep that from happening by the comment on their front page: "On a BCS-busting Saturday night, Oregon fell and looks down for the count." Alabama loses and they fall 3 spots, but Oregon somehow can't recover? Oregon should fall no farther than 4th as well if voters were honest, and if ND loses should stay ahead of any of the other 1 loss SEC teams that do not win the conference.

#150 JetBlue, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

what a sick catch by Landry in the end zone for the first TD of the game. LSU up 9-0 over Arkansas, XP coming

one handed grab completely while airborne

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Auburn is like the Jets, experience a high and then it comes crashing down.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Assuming Oregon beats Oregon State (up 10 in 2nd half):

UCLA win means they face Oregon
    UCLA loss means they face Stanford again

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

it'll be Notre Dame against an SEC team in the BS national championship game

15. Murrell2878

Great win for Notre Dame!!

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Is Gene Chizik out? I just got an e-mail from him and it reads as if he was fired today or will resign.

17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Bama Interception overturned Georgia's still alive in the SEC championship game

18. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Bama wins because Georgia, inside the 10 yard line, doesn't have any timeouts left or enough time to snap/spike. UGA blew it. Final throw was deflected but it wasn't thrown at anyone in the EZ.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

they had enough time to spike it on first and still run two plays with about 12 seconds left, so losing first down would have meant absolutely nothing. what an absolute piss poor decision on that. why the hell were they trying to preserve the down?

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

refs just blew a huge call in the Big 12 game.

Should've been a touchback and Texas ball, but because the ref signalled touchdown (after an INT return where the DB dropped it before reaching the goal line), they gave it to K-State at the Texas 1, and then Klein ran it in on the next play.