NCAA penalizes golfer for washing her car

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by zace, May 30, 2013.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

ncaa has little to no credibility as far as I am concerned.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Everyone is allowed to make money off of these athlete's...but the athletes themselves.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

She probably wasn't wearing a bikini.

5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

For me, the reason I don't watch or root for anything NCAA is twofold:

1). Short of rooting for your alma mater (or the team you just put $100 on) how does one pick a team to root for? Fans of the NCAA seem more caught up in the games themselves than rooting for a team (then why not just watch the best athletes in the world in the pros?). It doesn't seem like there are the hardcore fans you would see at pro-level games, except for maybe the students of course.

2). I hate that the NCAA is making money off of these students WHILE at the same time imposing all these fines, etc. when an athlete makes money off their own fame. Its hypocritical to say the least, and if student athletes could make some money in college, perhaps some would stay the full four years instead of jumping ship the second they are told they could make a run at the pros.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

my biggest grip with the ncaa is the coaching carousel and how it effects the athletes. they let coaches sit in someones house andtell them they want that kid at their school and then leave after the kid has comitted. sometimes before the ink is dry on there commitment letter. the kids are stuck with a coach they havent met and might not have wanted to play for.
    also the probation system is crazy. matt barkley's team is put on probation for reggie bush's transgressions? how is that considered fair.
    i would respect the ncaa more if they just came out and said
    "we know we are hypocrits but we make a bunch of cash and it is legal so suck it"

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

while undoubtedly overboard, this seems like a pretty easy issue to resolve. was it a public faucet that every student had access to, and thus likely used for whatever purpose they chose? if so, how could it be an extra benefit if every other student had access to it? there is no benefit that she is receiving that other students are not.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Stop the insanity is right. Like that $20 is going to make or break your college this year. They make millions of money selling pieces of friggin paper to students and making them pay outrageous book costs for education, which they often buy back and sell for more. SMFH. Talk about greed. Everyone knows college is business. What a joke treating a student like that, who pays some $30,000 or so just to attend your college for the year. GTFO.

9. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I enjoy that it is all self-reported, so a girl washing a car gets caught, but every SEC football player is probably getting paid and paid well but it never gets punished.