N.E. and their halftime adjustments...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Feb 6, 2017.

1. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Cant wait until the truth is told!

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

That and the 400 penalties on the Falcons

3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

And none of it would have mattered if they had just run the fucking ball and kicked a FG to go 2 scores up rather than taking a bad sack and then compounding it with a holding penalty.

HAYN, Dirtywater, Vida and 10 others like this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Three consecutive holding penalties. Ugggh!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That wasn't too bad though because it led to the pick 6. the holding and the p.i. at the end were killers.
    And ryan taking the sack.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

There is a difference between being aggressive and being stupid. Going for the kill is a good thing, but not running the ball when you are at the opponent 22 was just plain dumb. Even if you take negative yards on the next 2 plays, you have a VERY makeable kick for Bryant, who was great this year.

Game Over.

Instead......

Sack-> Holding-> Incomplete-> Punt-> Pats TD -> 2pt conversion -> OT-> Pats win

A very Jets way to lose that game

abyzmul, NYJetsO12, AJW and 9 others like this.
  7. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

For most of the game the Falcons were putting a ton of pressure on Brady to knock him off his rhythm and it seemed liked they had his number. For all of 3 1/2 quarters. Either Brady adjusted to this or the Atlanta defense just plain tired out.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It really did feel like an SOJ game, didn't it?

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Its a great day to be a Jet Fan,,,,,,,its Groundhog Day ,over and over and over .We do the complete opposite of NE , heck you might as well have put the Falcons in Green Jerseys and Stuck Bowels on the sidelines with 5 minutes left. Ne made adjustments but I really think it was more of Dann Quinn making some real bad coaching decisions

10. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

we all as jets fans could see it coming a mile away. Falcons fans were probably devastated, when we were all like, "Yeah this is pretty much every Sunday for the Jets"

Chutzpah, NYJetsO12, AJW and 2 others like this.
  11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

That looked legit. I'm glad nfl showed all the holds on that drive in their highlight video.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

12. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

The last penalty in overtime was not that bad and pretty much showed the refs had it in for the Falcons...Putting the 1st down on the 1 was just disgusting.

13. dogg

dogg Member

Why bother with the pretense of a season, just give NE a 16 game bye and tell them to show up for the SB. That's what it's come to and for me it's beyond old. What's the point of it anymore when you already know in advance what the outcome will be?

14. nicg4360

The biggest half time adjustment New England made was the bribe blank cheque they offered to the Falcons to lay a big fat egg. The playcalls were that ass backwards compared to the first half.

15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I'm a Jets fan. What's a half time adjustment?

16. nicg4360

It helps you win games....It's to complicated only relegated to premium teams to use such as New England...At least it seems that way.

donkey and dogg like this.
  17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

On the final drive the Patriots were running the ball and a Falcons player was blatantly held. Sometimes the non calls are just as bad as the bad calls.

grkmanga31 and nicg4360 like this.
  18. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

This was the first Super Bowl I didn't watch in XLIX years.

I'm really tired of TB12 and hearing how great he is, and now I'm going to have to hear how he is the GOAT for the rest of my life.

Hate those smug em effers.

AJW and dogg like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I told my wife at halftime, "It seems like a blowout right now, but I'll bet anything that NE "somehow" comes back to at least make it close or even win. That's what drives up ratings and ad fees". At the end she said, "You were right".

I would have to study the film closely, but I bet I could find evidence to support my belief that the NFL rigs the games to maintain the competitive structure that ensures the highest ratings. After all, a former NBA ref spilled the beans about the NBA orders refs to call games certain ways, to "protect" certain stars, etc. The manipulation of the fan base is insidious and calculated. Call me a conspiracy nut, but that's my belief.

jixxjr, dogg and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The officiating was pretty garbage all night. In the beginning they let them play despite contact and later in the game completely changed course and started calling things, or completely missing things. It's gotten to the point where the refs are too much of a factor in games where its unfair. I would be on board with a rule that allows coaches to challenge everything.

In terms who is most to blame for Falcons blowing that game: Dan Quinn for lacking any semblance of foresight, in game awareness, etc, Kyle Shanahan for not running the ball more when Devonte Freeman was killing them, and Matt Ryan who took needless sacks when he should have thrown the ball away.

ColoradoContrails likes this.