MYLES GARRETT ASKS JERRY JONES, COWBOYS TO TRADE UP TO SELECT HIM IN NFL DRAFT

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RubenDias, Feb 11, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why? I'm not sure where he's from, but he played for Texas A&M. The Cowboys could easily be his favorite childhood team. If you were a player going into the NFL, wouldn't you rather play for your favorite team, especially since they have an excellent chance of getting to a SB, rather than play for the Browns? I don't blame the kid at all. All he did was ask. That doesn't mean that Jerrah will trade up and take him, nor does it mean (unless I missed something) that he won't play for the Browns or whomever take him in the draft.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

No. I'd play where I was drafted and not complain. His mentality should be about changing the Browns or the Niners or whomever.

Saying what he did comes off to me as "I don't wanna be stuck on a loser team every year."

3. NCJetsfan

He hasn't complained. He just asked Jerrah to draft him. It could have nothing to do with the Browns and everything to do with the fact that he loves the Cowboys. He might want to go there even if they were as bad as the Browns and the Browns were as good as the Cowboys.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a good look for him in any way. Any time a player expresses that he doesn't want to play for a certain team, it raises a question mark about his commitment if he doesn't get his way.

You can swing it to him liking the Cowboys as much as you want, but it's a negative anyway it's stated.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I'm not swinging it to anything. You Ozymandias are the ones who are swinging to a negative. Did he say, "I don't want to play for the Browns?" All I heard was that he wanted the Cowboys to draft him. Period. Your world view paints it as a negative, when it is neither positive, nor negative.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If this were the situation I'd be more apt to take your slant on this, but it really reeks of a guy trying to dictate where he plays.

Now looking at it from the individual's POV, I say he should have the freedom of choice to play wherever he wants to. But all the leagues have adopted rules to prevent all the good players from going to one or two teams, and all the players have to abide by these rules - he's not any more special than they are.

7. NCJetsfan

He didn't say that he wouldn't play for the Browns or any other team that drafted him! He just said that he wanted to play for the Cowboys! He didn't pull an Eli Manning and say that he wouldn't sign or play with the Browns (Chargers). If he had said that, or been drafted by the Browns and then said he wouldn't sign with them, I could understand why you and other posters would be on his case. The facts are that he hasn't done that!!!! He was even laughing when he said it.

Granted, he probably doesn't want to play for the Browns, but he didn't say that. I know that I wouldn't want to play for them, but he doesn't deserve the judgement he's getting here. Rather than taking him at face value and what he actually said, people (including you) are judging him through your filters and "reading between the lines" and assuming what he meant. Until he actually comes out and says he doesn't want to play for the Browns or won't, he doesn't deserve the criticism imo.

IMO that's one of the things that is wrong with this country. People are too quick to judge. They don't really listen to what others say and how they say it because they're too busy "reading between the lines" and judging others. It's BS.

All Gas No Shake likes this.