My rant after taking my 7 yo son to the game today.

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Wah, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I'm done with this bullshit... seriously. I bought tickets for the Bills/Jets debacle so I could bring my 7yo son to his first real regular season Jets game. I didn't tell him what we were doing... all week I told him that I was taking him to a place with big TVs so we could watch the game together. He's been completely obsessed with football since last season when I explained to him how the NFL is broken down into conferences and division. He learned about division rivalries and why the AFCE games are so important. He watches Patriots games, and goes apeshit when Tom Brady gets sacked. He checks Bills and Dolphins scores and schedules. Its awesome. There is nothing better than seeing your little boy start to understand why the NFL is so much fun to follow. So what do I do? I get the stupid idea that THIS is the game where the Jets will finally make it over the hump. THIS is the game where the offense, with their newly acquired weapon... Percy Harvin, will stretch the field and start scoring points. THIS is the game where the ferocious Rex Ryan defense will shut down the hobbled Bills offense. THIS is the game where the Jets will show up and finally get a win!!!

And what do I get?

I get to be surrounded... I mean completely surrounded by foulmouthed drunk Bills fans. And I get to endure them high-fiving each other over my fucking head all game. I get to hear them chanting "Lets go Buffalo!" for 4 garbage filled quarters. I get beer spilled on my 7 year old and me. I get to watch the “future” of our franchise go 2/8 for 5 yards and 3 INTs. (That’s right. More INTs than completions. ) I get to watch the Jets repeatedly gain 9 yards, then lose 10 in penalties. I get to watch a sloppy, talentless Jets team make fools out of themselves once again. And worst of all, I get to watch my son sit there frustrated by the team, and by the lack of life in the stadium.

If there ever was a time where I wanted to be that guy with a paper bag over his head… today was the day. I felt like a fool… duped by Woody Johnson, his ridiculous ticket prices, his fucking clown of a GM, and the 20 million in cap space they left on the table at the start of the season. And even worse… I dragged my kid into this. His first NFL game, and what does he get? He gets a bunch of empty seats, a ton of Bills fans acting like assholes, and the realization that watching the Jets on a big screen at a restaurant with other Jets fans is far more fun than this bullshit. It’s a shame, because going to these games used to be fun. It used to be something we could do a few times a year. But now the cost of the tickets for decent seats makes it something I refuse to do more than once or twice a year as a special treat for myself. And that is IF there was something to watch. What I got today was a clown show. A stadium filled with Buffalo clowns, watching green and white clowns tripping over themselves on the field. If I’m paying for a football game, I don’t want to see a goddamned circus.

So, I’m done. For now… with the team the way it is, combined with the shit stadium experience, I refuse to spend another cent on tickets. I love this team, and I will watch them and root for them every week. I consider myself a true fan… But go to a game? It just isn’t fun like it used to be. I can take loses. I can take bad years. But when watching the team lose at TGIF Fridays is more fun than 50 yard line seats at MetLife Stadium…. Then something is seriously wrong with the product.

If you made it this far... thanks for reading. I realize that if the Jets had won, the experience might have been a little different, but I'm just so pissed right now....

max and Chutzpah like this.
  2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Wow.
    Don't even know what to say except we feel your pain. It's sad,but true that going to games is getting less, and less worth it.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sorry that you and your kid and anyone else had to go thru that yesterday !

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sorry for what you had to go thru. Hopefully it will get better in the next few years so you can enjoy Jet victories at the stadium with your kid.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This is exactly why when I produce offspring with Mrs. Richardsonthebeast, I am not pushing this team on them. Let them decide who they want to root for.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I took my kids when they were younger to games the Jets lost too. So I feel bad for you bro. After that, my daughter and son took after their grandfather and rooted for Giants (sigh)

7. max

max Active Member

This is the stuff that has to get to Woody Johnson and the organization. Changes need to be made. We pay too much in money, time and our patience for this bullshit.

8. JETSrealMCCOY!

I feel for you and your son. I was at the game also and had that false hope walking into the stadium. The embarrassment of that game and then sitting in the car on the ride home with my Bills fan Sister In-Law was very painful.

9. philREY

philREY New Member

I agree- this sucks and I wish I could do something equally painfull to all of them- but the truth is boycotting is the only thing we have. Thanks for nothing jerks!!!! Eat sh*t!!!!! This sucks so bad because I truly look forward to football so much, wtf do I do now?