My picks at game balls take night

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

My game ball goes to the OL first time starting unit played together this year and with new zone blocking did a hell of a job protecting Sam and run blocking.one of the sacks on Sam, he had time but no one got open. If OL can stay healthy all year and they start jelling more we’re in for Hell of a ride. This year Watch enjoy and looking forward to a great future
    Go jets

footballfundamentals likes this.
  2. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Anderson from the defense...qb pressure led to pick 6 and huge hit on Stafford with Leonard Williams..overall great team effort

All Gas No Shake and Mogriffjr like this.
  3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Anderson was all over the place. Took me a minute to remember where we got him.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

One thing to remember is that Long is the only new starter. So despite the new blocking scheme, 4 guys are use to playing with each other. Familiarity maybe key here to start. While these guys aren't exactly world beaters on their own, they maybe good enough in this scheme to be a solid offensive line. Off to a good start!

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Bowles has earned a lot of criticism in the past but man up and give him credit when he deserves it. The team was prepared in all phases of the game last night and that comes from the HC. The team scored 31 points in the 3rd quarter, which shows improvement in his halftime adjustments. It may not last, maybe next week he reverts to his past norms, but for week 1 it was a great job by Bowles and his staff.

6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah no kidding. Is that kind of havoc actually going to continue or was last night just one of those nights where everything broke right for him? Unbelievable.

7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

My understanding is that this is the first time Kacy Rodgers was making the Defensive play calls instead of Bowles. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

5 Ints, no sacks, but a bunch of solid QB hits, 49 rushing yards allowed. Maybe this guy isn't as bad as we've been led to believe. Certainly the best our LBs have looked in years.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

1.Bowles
    2.Mac
    3.Bates

Both Bowles and Mac have been killed on here.

Say what you will about Bowles but this team was ready to play and they played well, very well.

Mac has also taken his lumps. I don’t think the team is truly ready to compete this year but they are young, fast and talented and have the most cap room in the league going into next offseason. The future is as bright as it’s ever been.

Bates was the unknown but outside of that horrible reverse to Robby at the worst time he called a great game.

NYJetsO12 and themorey like this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Matt Stafford - threw the game ball to the Jets 5 times (Nickerson was robbed), gets one in return.

DL - good hits on Stafford which clearly knocked him off his game

Darnold - shook off a disasterous start and played well enough to win without a Detroit meltdown

Bowls - clearly had the team and coaches ready. Doubt crept in on the Lions first possession of the second half, but the offense answered and they gave you the feeling they could do it all night.

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Tough game here. I can think of a bunch of players worthy.

1. Lee
    2. Darnold
    3. Roberts
    4. Adams
    5. OL
    6. RB's
    7. McCown (this guy absolutely needs to be a coach next season, or whenever he is ready to retire from playing)
    8. Bowles

I'm probably forgetting a few players too lol

11. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Many game balls to go around. Great team effort. I think 3 of the players get players of the week awards too. Could be wrong.

1. Roberts Special Teams player of the week.

2. Lee Defensive

3. Darnold Offensive rookie (I think they give that award). Barkely is in the running for the 68 yard td but Darnold won so I think he gets the nod. Is there another rookie to consider.

12. themorey

Maybe Denzel Ward with 2 picks and 3 PD?

13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Almost forgot...Game Ball to Jets fans at Ford Field last night. Especially that guy who was caught on camera dancing in the stands.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

He'll be in contention. I think they do offensive and defensive so those two. If not Darnold might not get it.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I love the way Isaiah Crowell runs. He's a downhill runner that can still get outside and make you miss. He's not a star, but he's VERY good if he can stay healthy. Love the way we used him last night too. Of course some of that credit goes to the OL/WR/TE for getting the job done with their blocks.

10 carries, 102 yards, 2 TDs

And Giants fans were creaming their pants over Barkley's 18 for 106 and a TD!

16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

meanwhile we're number one against the run with 39 yards allowed @MoProblems96

NCJetsfan and BroadwayAaron like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Speaking of the TEs doing their job blocking... how about that Herndon block on the Quincy TD? Couldn't believe no one mentioned it. As a rookie TE that is supposed to be more of a pass-catcher, that kind of play in game 1 of your career is very promising.

18. themorey

Crowell was specifically targeted by Macc to fit into the new zone blocking scheme. So far so good!

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

All I can say is for ONE GAME this coaching staff had the team ready to play imo and I really hopes there is more

There was NO EVIDENCE from the past 3 seasons to convince me and alot of other fans that TB was deserving to be our Coach

NOW like a light switch our Defense can rank in the top third of the NFL?? at this rate certainly

I have bashed away at Bowles but something is VASTLY improved and will continue to credit him IF HE DESERVES IT

Do the Jets have spies? one of the players mocked that "they knew the hand signals" ...unbelieveable that Bowles and company outcoached someone FINALLY

Maybe the JEts looked at old Pats games and discovered the hand signals carried over by big boy Patricia lol

Yes give credit where its due!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Duly noted, and I have said as such. If he can continue in this manner, then I think we might have our HC. BUT...let's see how the season plays out.

EDIT: To note that they did burn all their time outs before the 2 minute warning in the first half. It didn't wind up being a problem, but that's the kind of problem that has burned them in the past, so Bowles still needs to work on this.

NCJetsfan likes this.