My Mock Jets Off-Season

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jasonjets, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

Nice call with those 2- I love Trannon, and Baker is killing OSU right now.

2. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

NO LEONARD!!!!!!!! It's not 3 years ago when we passed to the FB 10 times a game-- we need a true blocking FB- not an average Big East Blocker. He's too much a hybrid-- we need a 250+ FB-- Leonard is another Askew-- just too slow to play RB, and kind of big, so he goes to FB. What happens when he tries to open up holes against Richard Seymore-- he will get swallowed up.

3. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I agree. There is not a 3-4 OLB force in this draft like there has been in past years (Ware, Merriman, Wimbley, Lawson). Woodley is a great college player, but is a somewhat risky pick because his lack of speed may handicap him while facing much more athletic offensive lineman and running backs. I would not be surprised if he's around for us at 26.

I'm a huge Penn State fan, and Pos is in the same mold. Beastly college player, but may not be physically fast or strong enough to shed athletic 280 pound guards as effectively as he could in college. He's still the top 4-3 OLB in the draft and will be a first rounder, but is not the best defensive player as his award shelf might state. Pos is the best Penn State linebacker ever, but that doesn't mean he'll be the best pro linebacker from Penn State. Guys like Lavaar are a much better fit for the NFL, and a guy that is going to be a first rounder from Penn State next year (Dan Connor) will likely be a better pro prospect then Pos too.

4. DonnieIsTheKing

I don't mind the idea of Leonard. Schott is very creative and does a lot of shifts and motions with his players, and a versitile guy like Leonard would fit in perfectly.

5. DonnieIsTheKing

Let's not bring race into anything, please? Carriker is just as good if not better then the other guys you mentioned, and is the prototypical 3-4 DE, regardless of race.

And since when does color have to do with the rate at which you get hurt?

6. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

he doesnt like poz, carriker, or leonard...:eek:hmy:

7. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

I love Poz-- I'm a PSU grad, he's just not right for us- too small. I know Karriker is a good fit, I just don't like him. Here is why I don't want Leonard--

Is a fullback/running back 'tweener. Lacks the explosiveness and speed to play running back in the NFL, and is inconsistent as a lead blocker. Lacks the speed to get the corner on outside runs, and is not a big-play threat. As a pass blocker, must bend knees to maintain solid base and hold his ground.

Bottom line: Leonard is the type of back who usually ends up being overgraded as a ballcarrier...he is the type who gets ripped by scouts who see his inconsistent lead blocking as something that never will improve. Leonard never will be a dominant lead blocker but should be good enough to be a starting fullback, but he could be a real weapon as a ballcarrier and receiver.

#27 Big Cotch, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  8. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

I'm pretty sure if you checked it out, White guys get hurt far more often that black guys. I think it's obvious that black players are FAR better - no way to deny that. I am white just incase you are curious.

9. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

the jets and steelers have been reported to really like leonard. dont be surprised if we get him. trust me, if schott found ways to make chad shine, he will easily find a way for leonard.

10. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

I don't doubt he will be used and used well, but I hate the idea of a tweener FB-- especially with our crappy run blocking. Look at Lorenzo Neal- I think he blocked for 1000 yard rushers for like 15 years in a row-- a good blocking FB can make a much bigger impact that an offensive FB who gets maybe 5 touches a game if he's lucky.

11. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I bet he doesn't like George Bush either.

12. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

So you are white and can make racial coments? Why should we look up your racial stats? If your so sure about the white mans injuries vs. the black mans, please show proof. Until then can you keep your "white man slow" talk to yourself, it's insulting to all.

13. Vilmathegreat51

Vilmathegreat51 New Member

That's bull shit.There's no need for stupid ass racial comments like that.There is NO way to tell how tough a player is by his skin color.Get back to the draft talk. :eek:fftopic:

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Hate to burst your bubble but Ricky Manning Jr is FAR from a Mangini type of guy. It seems this guy gets arrested every year. He was convicted of murder in 06 if memory serves me right.

15. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

If he was convicted of murder he would be in jail right now.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Athletes get away with stuff like this...

Look at Sean Taylor and Ray Lewis as examples.

17. BCWhite

BCWhite New Member

What about Jon Abbate from Wake, that guy is all over the field. He always seems to have a nose for the play or at least the speed. I like him in the later rounds.

18. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

I also think with the weak free agency and an overabundance of spending money league wide that Steinbach goes for well more than $12m/4 years.

19. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Neither of whom were convicted of murder.

20. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Poz isnt a pass rushing LB, hes more of a MLB, and we dont need that