My health status

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KurtTheJetsFan, May 8, 2013.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Kurt and Biggs, I wish you guys the best. Keep fighting

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Dam...two long time posters with health issues. I know you guys don't want sympathy but man that just sucks. I'll be hoping for the best for both of you guys. I recently dealt with my father having cancer so I know these things can be beaten even though it's obviously different. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Pleasde keep us updated how your fights are going.

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that guys. Make the most out of every day. Best wishes to you and your families.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Damn, Kurt. I'm really sorry to hear that. Keep fighting, brother! Hopefully that transplant will come in soon. I know it's difficult, but if you try to keep focus on the all of the positive things in your life, it will make it much easier. I'll be pulling for you, man.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Kurt, we go back a long way, I've always respected you, you're one of the best at TGG. The early days of the draft forum were a lot of fun.

Biggs, again another long time TGG member, sorry to hear about your Illness too.

I wish you both the best , stay strong and keep a positive attitude.

You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm not sick I don't want to elaborate. Thanks for the kind words but this is about Kurt. Kurt will be fine once he gets on the right treatment plan.

Here's the deal, everyone is going to face incredibly tough diagnosis either to themselves, a parent, spouse or worse a child. You have to be prepared by keeping yourself and those around you who you care about physically and mentally tough. Treatment for disease can be excruciatingly tough and you need to be prepared mentally and physically to do well. You also can't be victimized by the medical system if you have something really serious that might be a bit rare. You need to become an advocate for yourself or your loved one to survive.

The amount of ordinary people who get hit in the head with diagnosis which turn their lives upside down is beyond belief. The ones who survive are the ones who take control of their medical, physical and mental status.

Kurt is a smart guy who has been clobbered by a diagnosis that has turned his head and life upside down not to mention he probably feels like crap. He's going to get off the mat and do really well. I've been reading his post for years. He is exactly the kind of person who will do well once he figures it out.

#26 Biggs, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I hope you get better, Kurt. We had some unkind words yesterday and I didn't know this thread was here.

I'd like to take those words back, but that's not a situation that is realistic.

Not much I can say now but that I think you are a stronger man than the thing that is attacking you. Be strong.

I'm sorry for being an asshole to you.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I hope for the best for both of you.

One of my sons was diagnosed with a serious kidney problem in utero, and I was fortunate enough to be located in proximity to one of the top pediatric urologists on the planet....

Hes had a half dozen surgeries, and just turned 12.

Please, keep us posted, so we may keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Byz, im sure everyone here will second it....we take you being an asshole as a sign of comaraderie :wink:

You're a good guy.

10. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Stay strong and keep positive. Good things do happen!

11. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

My hopes and prayers to both of you.

Please, Never give up.

As long as there is life, there is hope.

Just be stubborn SOB's (worked for my best friend) and you'll be fine. :wink:

12. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Having gone through a life-altering injury to and surgical reconstruction of an arm last year, and the RSD that went along with that, I am humbled by what you are going through. Never was my life at stake, and I can't imagine what you're going through. Stay strong, stay positive. I do know how hard that can be, but you have to believe its going to be over one day, and you'll be a better man having beat it.

13. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hey Kurt..just wanted to let you know you are in many prayers my friend.

And its great that you can come to a site where you have been a great contributor and share your situation with others...its all part of facing up to the challenge...a challenge I am POSITIVE you will conquer and live a long and memorable life.

Keep us informed...please.

Jay

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

wow. be strong, and good luck.

15. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Kurt, I'm really sorry to hear this. Stay strong man.

16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Rough news about your son Hobbes, kids shouldn't suffer, hope he's doing better...your son has a lot of guts...

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geez kurt - GL bro....

do u mean "FSGS" i used to look at kidney biopsies way back and am not familiar with a separate entity SFGS.

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

damn,i just saw this. Kurt,sorry to hear this man. Keep fighting and keep us informed.

19. Thank you everyone for the well wishes. It is much appreciated

20. Yeah You are right. I actually wrote the original post on my cell while on dialysis & didn't notice the typo. I will change it now. It is indeed FSGS.