My call to Zig and Carl Banks on NFL Radio today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Alot of people called and asked about the Jets today on the Afternoon Blitz. Zig and Carl both said that for a team in the Jets' position, that appears to be planning to rebuild, 18 months is generally required before we'll start to see real positive things. They mentioned that with the release of Mawae and some other vets, the team appears to be looking to get young and is heading into a rebuilding phase. They said as fans we should be watching games for the final outcome as usual but because we will probably be bad next season and the season after, then we should focus more on player development, and follow our prospects instead of getting angry when they struggle. Hopefully we draft properly because it looks like the team is gonna struggle for the next season and a half or so. On a positive note they did mention that when Aikman came in the league the Cowboys were rebuilding and they went 1-15 and 7-9 his first 2 seasons.....so it may take a while but hopefully we'll see brighter days. 2 seasons is one hell of a long time to wait though...

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Why wait to win?

I think we will go 13-3 and I am not alone. :)

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Key point.... when they DRAFTED Aikman. This is why we need a QB in THIS draft. It takes three years to make a rookie QB a solid playoff QB. I have been looking at 2008 as our next playoff year, but that is ONLY if we get a QB who doesn't bust in THIS draft.

4. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

carl banks is an arrogant jerk he rode the coat tails of lawrence taylor hes a has been that never was and never will be

5. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

i love the attitude i cant stand thinking we're going into a worthless season and i have to wait about a year and a half for us to be competitive, we still have our linebackers, and so far our dline, our safeties are only getting more experienced....hell we were supposed to be good this year so you never know

6. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

How long it takes for the Jets to be competitive is not soley based on their performance. Other teams may falter or lose players due to this CBA not being extended. In the NFL, teams that are 5-11 can be 11-5 the next year (i.e Chicago Bears from '04-'05).

7. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I love that Sirus NFL radio...Im totally addicted

8. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

i bought sirus stock it hasnt gone anywhere

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Oh man I know. Its besically the only channel I listen to and it is the best one by far. The programming on Sirius is great and the music and comedy channels are way better than normal redio. I can only imagine how good it is in the States cuz in Canada we get about 60 less stations. But yeah, NFL radio rules.....

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

XM's is doing OK. It really shot up last year when they announced the Howard Stern deal. I am surprised it didnt shoot up againin January when he came on...

11. pisano24

pisano24 Member

Pay this man...