Muhammad Wilkerson on his way to blowing a great thing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Dec 5, 2017.

1. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I've been hearing Mo has a drinking problem

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

For real? How'd you hear that?

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was a big Mo fan and was happy the Jets extended him. Now I have no problem cutting him. My problem would be not cutting him. He has been a huge disappointment. In fact, I would say he has been flat out embarrassing. Especially for any fan who defended him. It is unfortunate.

grkmanga31, JetFanInPA and FJF like this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Snacks is just another guy they said. He just looks good because of Mo and Sheldon they said. We have to keep Mo and give him JJ Watt money they said.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he is a devout Muslim so I'm guessing not

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

With his ears man :p

Walt White likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Manish's reporting is more like personal beef with certain players, but hard to deny what Manish is saying.

Wilkerson duped everyone into thinking he would be dominant force on the d-line despite getting paid. Obviously that turned out to be false.

4 more games and I can't see him returning to play for the Jets. Too much bad blood between he and the team and it's time for a fresh start for all parties involved.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

#30 The Waterboy, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    K'OB likes this.
  11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I was all for resigning him and glad Mac did at the time. I absolutely had no perception of him being lazy, selfish or a bad teammate, characterizations that are really coming to light now. If they did have such concerns about him prior, then they shouldn't have signed him longterm. However, money like that can change a person, and perhaps what happened to Mo was not predictable. Either way, if this scathing article is indeed true about his relationship with the team as a whole, he needs to be gone. Hey, saves $17mil as a post-June 1st cut with only $3 mil dead money. Not bad.

Then, use some of that to sign a mid-tier free agent. PLEASE do not draft another DL that high. Mid rounds are fine...
    A mid-tier free agent can perform above the level Mo has for the past two years

12. Walt White

Excellent lol

I get an annoying intrusive video. But don't have the adds. I don't know which is worse, lol

#32 Walt White, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

out with the old in with the new i guess. ealy has been a pleasant surprise and williams can move back to DE now so not really creating a hole other then depth. good thing we drafted williams. people thought it was bad with us having sheldon and mo already. mo was coming off a pro bowl and sheldon was in the running for DROTY how quickly things change

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

He is a carbon copy of Revis--Sign a new contract with lots of guaranteed money and then quit working--after all, that money is guaranteed, no matter how much effort you put in post-signing.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Revis is way worse, he actively came back to rape us of loads of money, the tosser.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think the ultimate one was albert haynesworth. dude check out and got fat and lazy the minute he signed a big deal. kenny britt is also famous for only playing well in a contract year

tomdeb, KurtTheJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  17. Dana Stubblefield w the Skins is a good one.Made his living in San Fran off of Bryant Young..got paid by the same team as Haynesworth actually & put in the same crappy effort

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  18. I don’t think anyone felt he made his living off of Mo & Sheldon.For one they played different positions for the team.Mo & Sheldon are 3-4 DE/4-3 1 gaps.Snacks is a two gap nose in any scheme

Snacks was just as good against the run if not better but I don’t think anyone is gonna argue he’s even in the same class as a pass rusher.Hes a one way player that got paid like a 2 way player by the giants. He had a good first year & now their defense sucks again.Meanwhile he’s been extremely outspoken in the media over the past month or so & in my opinion has become detrimental.

Actually wouldn’t be surprised if he’s let go after the season when the giants clean house.Id be even less surprised if he ended up back on the Jets on a much friendlier deal

FJF likes this.
  19. Walt White

How so?

20. Arguing w fans & media on twitter when the situation was already out of control before he weighed in??

I don’t think he’s a bad guy or anything.Just Was outspoken at the wrong time.An error of judgement at the wrong time in the wrong market