Mt. Gox (Bitcoin) goes down

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Feb 25, 2014.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

There were so many guys on youtube promoting that garbage, they just wanted peoples referrals, disgusting, they all knew it was fraudulent....

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

$9500 right now, not sure if it'll be a sudden crash to under 1K or if it'll take a couple weeks, but most likely big drops coming up today as panic sets in

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

for some reason giphy animated gifs always f up for me on here

[​IMG]

My opinion is still that it's a great time to buy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#383 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  4. GordonGecko

Based on what? Don't be a bag holder man, bitcoin is a good long term asset but not anywhere near this price. Take the money and run, even at this stupid high current price of $9100

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I've already done very well with this stuff - it's all house money for me, no bag here.

This is not the first time btc has had this type of correction. Every time people want to call it the end, and every time they've been wrong - at least so far. Additionally, it has typically taken a January corrective dip then rebounded over a couple of months before growing to new ATH.

DataDash is one of the good crypto youtubers. There's a lot of donks out there shilling and talking about moons and lambos - but DD is knowledgeable and even predicted this correction. I recommend this video where he discusses the current dip.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

7. GordonGecko

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The article is talking about Mt. Gox & 2013, shortly before this thread was started. Where do you see it talking about last year?

#389 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 17, 2018
  9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Not trying to sound like a shill, but if this topic was active in the summer or last september, we would see all the same messages we are seeing now; "OMG CRYPTO IS DONE!!!!, time to sell, make your profit now and get out!!!"

Well guess what? If I did do that I would have lost on the 300-500% profit ive made since September, but yes perhaps you are right, maybe this is the end, but it is MUCH more likely, almost like 99% chance that this is not the end, and this is just a normal correction, which has happened so many times.

If anything this is only giving me even more confidence going forward.....and no offense but none of the naysayers ever could have imagined bitcoin ever reaching 10k, yet we are at 10k and they are acting like its a disappointment, which only tells me that the bar is even higher than ever for Bitcoin. I mean at this point, are we not expecting 100k in the near future (within a year or two)?

And people have to stop looking at bitcoins price, its price is a reflection of the adoption that is occurring, as more people adopt, the price will rise, its like Facebook. When there were only 100 users, it was not valuable but as the user base grew it become more and more valuable exponentially. If you think this is cut off for adoption, you will be mistaken. The exchanges right now cant even handle the amount of people signing up, I am not worried about the price, I am more concerned about people joining into this technology which has shown no signs of stopping.

#390 SOXXX2, Jan 17, 2018
  10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Its a fake news article anyway.

11. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

My work colleague thinks things will recover some today, now that bitcoin futures are maturing.

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Hit a low of $9200 today and closed at almost $11.5k. A nice 25% increase if you bought at the low.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  13. GordonGecko

I'll agree to disagree on the price outlook and you could very well be right, but on this quoted part you are completely off base. Its price has NOTHING to do with adoption, bitcoin adoption hasn't risen appreciably in the past year and if anything it's having a really hard time breaking through. Transaction costs are very high and it's been taking over a day sometimes to get a 4 block cycle clearing. You still can't use bitcoin on 99% of major merchants and it's still a super niche currency.

The price right now has everything to do with inflows of capital from speculators and bandwagoners

#394 GordonGecko, Jan 17, 2018
  14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It was a good opportunity to buy. There may be more before it rebounds and goes to a new ath.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

TLDR

#396 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 17, 2018
  16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Thats wrong, the amount of users signing up every day at exchange continues to grow, the amount of wallets in existence continue to grow....

17. GordonGecko

Are you serious dude - a speculator/investor has to have a wallet. That's not the same as using bitcoin & adoption - buying and selling bitcoin isn't usage. Adoption is using bitcoin to pay for goods & services, like buying groceries, paying contractors, whatever. Adoption has been extremely slow

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Bitcoin isn't going to be that at this point. It will likely always be a big player in the cryptocurrency universe as a store of value/asset but it doesn't work well as a currency. Transaction fees are too expensive and take too long for starters. It's one reason why I moved my hodlings more into ethereum. ETH has many of the same problems but not as severe, and is more functional.

There will likely be a mixture of other digital currencies that end up being used more for transactional purposes and some over arching protocol like tcpip that allows for the seamless transition between them. It's one of the things cardano is trying to become.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Glad I didn't take this advice. Up about 40% since you called sell.