Mt. Gox (Bitcoin) goes down

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Feb 25, 2014.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

eth just crossed 1k at coinmarketcap

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

everyone wants to sell ETH between 980 and 1K on coinbase. might be a while before it breaks there.

3. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Probably, it's pretty damn significant.

Also Digibyte and Siacoin are moving now.

4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Seriously getting angsty as each day goes by, I was ready to move either my BTC or LTC into ETH when it was at $740, because it didnt dip like LTC and BTC did. Now ETH is close to breaking 1k and will proceed to run through thousands like bitcoin did last year.....

BTC or LTC better make a move fast, for my own sanity's sake lol. HODL.

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin moving, not going to get excited yet but this could finally be the move toward 20k.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know about 20k but you know LTC is going to follow. ETH seems to have detached itself from the BTC momentum swings to a degree.

7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

ETH moves differently in general. I believe percentage-wise ETH is likely to outperform bitcoin like it did in 2017.

And LTC, I am getting anxious on, I know it will happen, however its just a pain waiting. I am still down overall from where I was 3 weeks ago.....but that was when Bitcoin was 19.5k ,and LTC was 420.........I am relatively close though, so if they break through I will brake my ATH for my portfolio and move forward a lot.

(however when I got in, I had an option of LTC at $60 or ETH at $300, so my decision for LTC was still better for now, but I should own more ETH than I do. I was going to sell all my status but Bittrex wouldnt allow me, I had $8k worth of Status after a $2k investment, so I could have bought 8 ethereum + the 2 I have which would give me 10. Which is where I should be.)

I also finally setup weekly buys for Ethereum, which I intended to do a month ago but was just to lazy, instead I had it going into Bitcoin......(such a mistake now).

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I can relax finally.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Good news, I know they plan to have an open market site called bazar which is like Ebay.

I am just hoping the rumors of Amazon, Facebook payments become true, and a potential Visa card.

Also mentally right now, I am kinda viewing this as the last opportunity to get Ethereum "cheap". Anything over $1000 will be a "ripoff" in my head. Ethereum is going to do what bitcoin did last year, no doubt.

I hope it does a dip like Bitcoin did at $1200 last year; dip to $700.....ill buy the dip (although ETH has moved MUCH differently than Bitcoin, so I am not anticipating it, heck ill pay $900 right now), if not, ill just sit here with my 2 eth watch it going to 20k, 30k, 50k etc.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think there's any question we're going to see mainstream adoption of crypto currency over the next decade.Amazon and Facebook would be monumental to the movement.

CC has the ability to change the world and give the power back to the people.

12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

My portfolio is close to its all time high again, only difference is, Litecoin $280, and Bitcoin is $1670 compared to $420 & $19.5k

I did some work with the Alts, and my overall BTC value has grown almost
    Of course, but whichever coins they decide to implement at first will blow up like crazy. From what I understand we aren't there yet because it takes to long right now, Litecoin is faster but litecoin has no where near the amount of transactions that bitcoin has daily. But if Amazon said tomorrow they accept Litecoin or Ethereum or Bitcoin, the amount of money that will pour in will be unreal. Obviously just hodl until that happens.

I am under the belief that crypto will alter the world, in my lifetime at least. I don't see it stopping and if a country decided to "ban" it because its own currency is crashing, then that country will fall apart. No one wants corrupt currencies anymore, it will change the world. People expect it to make up 10% of the worlds wealth, but I don't see it stopping, I see it overtaking everything and every currency, it will be the currencies the worlds use. You can't cheat it, there is a limited supply, every bitcoin is publicly traceable, there is no middle man like a bank when you make a payment. Its superior in almost every way (except if we get hit by an EMP, but then again, nothing will work anyway so it wont make a difference)

There are countries like Kenya already where 90% of their transactions are digital, we don't need dollars, banks, none of it.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

well if you really believe in ETH so much why not flip some of that for ETH before this giant growth you're sure is going to happen, happens?

They could accept more than one currency too, but yeah if you're hodling whatever they initially accept you're probably in a great spot. I could see either just creating their own coin too.

14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Have you guys looked into Dragonchain (DRGN)? I bought at ~$0.80 in December and it's up to $4.52 now. It's jumped up to #41 on CMC.

Being funded by Disney effectively as an Ethereum competitor.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Haven't heard of it but I'll take a look. There's so much blockchain technology being developed now, I love it. It feels a lot like the dot com boom. A lot of these things will likely end up a huge bust and only the strong/best projects will survive. A lot of the coins I read about feel like totally contrived bullshit to me - and people are all in looking for a moon shot. I'm not saying DRGN is that at all - like I said, never heard of it, just kind of ranting after having explored this alt-coin world a bit over the last few weeks.

There will be some really innovative stuff to come out of this boom, for sure. Exciting times.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

DRGN sounds pretty good actually - going to have to dig more into it.

17. Kris 15

Someone made the analogy that it's aiming to sort of be the WordPress of blockchains.

The volume for it is pretty low currently so who knows what happens when it hits bigger exchanges. Also means a small number of buyers can have a pretty big effect on the price.

18. Kris 15

Yeah, I don't think there's any question that a ton of these coins will tank in the long run with a select few emerging, similar to the dot com bubble. Just trying to pick based on what projects seem interesting to me rather than chasing the next pump.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I only looked over it briefly but I love that it supports "normal" application programming languages and is currency agnostic. Two very solid decisions IMO. What exchange do you use for this ish?

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I read that exact same comparison for another one today. I think it was District0x or some shit. It's one of the ones that seem like contrived bullshit to me. Probably will end up being worth 1 trillion per coin since I think so.