Movin on up?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ-E-T-S 2006, Feb 20, 2006.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Wow your life must suck...I'd be really pissed too, but I would probably just take it out on a wall or something. (Just messin)

2. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

this being said maybe lienhart(SP?) is there guy who they have targeted. they have to jump in front of the saints to land him

3. PennyandtheJets

Exactly what I said earlier...If we wanted Leinart and couldn't land a trade with the Saints we would have to leap frog them to #1.

4. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

if we got the #1 pick we better go after bush. then trade our 2nd for schaub. then make moves in free agency for oL there still could be some decent talent left in the 3rd for OL but i dont see us moving up to 1

5. The Offseason

The Offseason New Member

Why would the Texans go down to No. #4? They want Bush like a druggie wants crack.

6. PennyandtheJets

Actually if it was up to them they would probably rather take D'Brickashaw, but since their fan base would go nuts if they reached for him over Bush...they might love to trade down.

7. The Offseason

The Offseason New Member

Well I tell ya if this actually went down it basically changes quite a few mock drafts out there. But with Jets luck, we draft Leinart and he's a flop, and Cutler becomes a star veteran for 11 years in the league.

8. PennyandtheJets

I would rather grab Bush at #1 or just stay at #4 and grab either D'brick or Cutler at 4. Leinart will probably be a good QB, but I don't really like him as a person.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Only the Jets would move on up to the 1st pick of the draft and pass on Bush.

10. PennyandtheJets

Actually only teams that desperately wanted Leinart would. Either way I doubt this ever happens.

11. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

the Al Toon jersey is so old it would tear and you would fall down off the ceiling joists break your neck and be crippled for life

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If we traded up to the #1 and drafted Leinart it would be the single dumbest thing the Jets have ever done on draft day. If you go to the #1 you do it because you are enamored with Reggie Bush and the prospect of having an exciting game changing talent around NYJ for the next 7 to 10 years.

If you want a QB, I think Young is the cream of the crop as far as QB's go, with Cutler coming in second. I think Leinart is the 3rd QB in line, in that order. I have watched Leinart play a lot. He does not have that strong of an arm and I do question his decision making and to some extent, his maturity.

Young has the highest athleticism of all the QB picks. He could be groomed into the full package. I think he will go far in the NFL. Cutler does have a gun, no doubt. He does have to work on a couple of things, but I think he can make it in the NFL too.

If we trade up to #1 and do not take Bush, I will scream and pull out my hair.

13. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

We will stand at 4 and choose Cutler the Jets need a quaterback without one the circus will continue in New York. Unless the draft scenario of Bush-Leinart-Young is set off track.

14. PennyandtheJets

If a trade does not occur I think that is the most likely scenario.

15. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

i have to admit im ok with it he seems to be a qb we can count on for years to come he does remind me of favre

16. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

How in the world could the Jets possibl;y afford the #1 pick in the draft, especially a QB, under the salary cap? We're cutting everybody now as it is.

17. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

heres some info
    Height: 6-4 | Weight: 225 | 40-Time: 4.80

Official Bio

Strengths:
    Has a very strong arm...Good size...Pretty good athlete who can move a little...Sports a quick delivery with good accuracy...Patient player who will go through his progressions...Tough guy who will hang in the pocket and take a hit...Throws well on the move...Strong and durable with a lot of experience...A leader with top intangibles and is a gamer who comes up big in the clutch.

Weaknesses:
    Mechanics get pretty dodgy at times...Footwork is very eratic...Will take unnecessary risks and make some bad decisions...Gunslinging mentality can morph into recklessness...Has too much confidence in his arm at times...Struggles throwing the deep ball...Has not had a lot of success at the college level from a team perspective...Body has taken a lot of punishment throughout his career.

Notes:
    Never received a lot of national attention but was named preseason All-SEC...Has the physical tools and makeup to succeed at the next level...With the lack of top signal callers available don't be surprised if Cutler goes off the board early

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If they trade up they will take Leinart. There is no way you move to the #1 spot to take Bush.. That would be a disaster. Out of all the bogus rumors floating around this time of year I do believe this one has some validity. Remember the people in charge now(Mangini & Schott) have had alot of success with Qbs with exactly the same skill set as Leinart.. I think the cost will end up being to high and we might get lucky sitting at 4 and letting Cutler fall into our laps but if they feel that Leinart can be our Brady than we have to do everything we can to get him. Forget Bush, trading up for him would be a huge mistake..

19. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

i agree bush is a great player but we need a quaterback who will take us to the promise land whether it be Leinart-Young-Cutler im ok with all 3

20. PennyandtheJets

I would prefer a QB as well, but I don't think drafting Bush would be a "huge mistake".