Mota suspended again, 100 games this time

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Yisman, May 7, 2012.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Repeat offender.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ed-100-games-drug-test-reveals-215046030.html

We got another juicer. Repeat offender, too.

The commissioner's office announced Monday that relief pitcher Guillermo Mota, a right-hander with the San Francisco Giants, has been suspended for 100 games for failing a drug test. It's the second violation for performance-enhancing transgressions for Mota, who also was docked 50 games in November 2006.

The substance was clenbuterol, a PED that cost cyclist Alberto Contador his victory at the Tour de France in 2010. But if this stuff is so great, then why didn't Mota ever ride a bike in from the bullpen?

Mota, who is listed as 38 years old, had a 5.06 ERA in 10 2/3 innings for the Giants as a middle man. Over 14 major-league seasons, Mota has a 3.92 ERA and 681 strikeouts in 846 innings. His career is nearly nondescript, except for a couple of major arguments that involved hitting batters with pitches.

One that happened nine years ago sparked a brawl in spring training after Mota — then with the Dodgers — hit Mike Piazza of the Mets during a game at Port St. Lucie. Mota also threw his glove at Piazza (which must have been hilarious) as he charged the mound.

A more recent kerfuffle involved Prince Fielder, whom Mota enraged by hitting with a pitch on his leg in 2009. That led to an all-time MLB YouTube moment when Fielder tried to charge the home clubhouse at Dodger Stadium. While being restrained by teammate Ryan Braun, Fielder could be heard shouting:

"I'm gonna handle my mother-[loving] business!"

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

When I read this, all I could do was laugh.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

LOL @ Mota throwing his glove at Piazza. :rofl2: :lol:

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

One of the funniest moments in Mets history to me was the Mota/Piazza incident. Piazza chasing Mota around the field. :lol:

Mota's a scumbag and a coward.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Who of course played a major role in us blowing that series to the Cardinals in 06. I fucking hate his cheating ass.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Clen isn't so much juicing, it's predominantly used for weight loss.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

take it up with David Brown. :)