Morris Claiborn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LV Coach, May 25, 2017.

1. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

He is just the kind of press corner we need on passing downs. I know he's had a lot of injuries, but they were mostly accidents. He came from the Cowboys with a good reputation. He really likes our training staff. They take good care and try to prevent problems.
    Welcome.

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He's pretty good when healthy. Problem is he's usually not healthy.

2012 - Multiple small injuries all season.
    2013 - Sprained knee in preseason, dislocated shoulder Week 1, injured his hamstring causing him to miss 6 weeks.
    2014 - Knee tendinitis, AC joint separation, tore his left patellar tendon
    2015 - Injured hamstring, ankle
    2016 - Injured groin causing him to miss half the season, injured ribs in first game back in preseason.

I didn't even realize it was that bad.

3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

He's like Beachum, a JAG until we develop somebody from within or get a high draft pick next year to use on a full time replacement. I like this was a good investment by Macc, we don't really lose much by rolling the dice on Claiborne. Beachum I am not as hot about.... he grades out probably lower than Clady.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

When healthy he's a pretty damn good CB. But as we all know, he's (usually) never fully healthy.

But as a fan all i can do is hope. Hopefully he remains healthy as a Jet and brings us value to our #1 CB position.

If so, he'll then become an instant upgrade over Revis of last year. I could not believe my eyes last season while watching how Revis fell off a cliff. I was in denial. I did not want to admit it; but #24 was hard to watch last year (reminded me of Tyson on his way out).

I'm not counting on it (praying for the best, expecting the worst) but i really wanna see Claiborn healthy within our secondary. I remember i loved him as a kid while coming out of LSU. Former SEC Defensive Player of the Year. Went top 10 overall for a reason.

When healthy at the age of only 26-27 he can really play (fingers crossed on this one).

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

As I'd make fun of other players:

He's one of the very best CBs that NFL has to offer

ON A FUCKING HOSPITAL BED.